PDA

View Full Version : Dang good music!

Captain
11-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Put your satellite radio on Outlaw Country...
Best music going. Lots of John Prine, Elizabeth Cook, Tood Snyder, etc
SO Much better than "normal" country that has now turned to pop.

Chicken Dinner
11-02-2016, 08:23 AM
That's my "go to" for the country stations. It's a pretty good on Pandora, too.

BarryBobPosthole
11-02-2016, 08:41 AM
The state of country music is awful. These tight tee shirt fuck sticks that look like a gay pride parade, the women who are country music 'stars' but really are pop singers, and anybody who is on a singing talent show have about ruint country music. Or as they say, most are 'all hat and no cattle'.

I've been rediscovering Lyle Lovett lately. Talk about a genuine country singer, he's the schiznet.
Another really good fairly new country artist is Sturgill Simpson. If you haven't heard any of his music give it a listen.
here's a sample. https://youtu.be/BqDKWe7WrEQ

BKB

BKB

quercus alba
11-02-2016, 08:50 AM
I've gotten to where I'm partial to ole Narvel Felts

Chicken Dinner
11-02-2016, 08:58 AM
The state of country music is awful. These tight tee shirt fuck sticks that look like a gay pride parade, the women who are country music 'stars' but really are pop singers, and anybody who is on a singing talent show have about ruint country music. Or as they say, most are 'all hat and no cattle'.

I've been rediscovering Lyle Lovett lately. Talk about a genuine country singer, he's the schiznet.
Another really good fairly new country artist is Sturgill Simpson. If you haven't heard any of his music give it a listen.
here's a sample. https://youtu.be/BqDKWe7WrEQ

BKB

BKB

"Joshua Judges Ruth" is one of my favorite country albums. Good stuff.

Thumper
11-02-2016, 09:08 AM
Man, this place is FULL of redneck hicks! :moon

BarryBobPosthole
11-02-2016, 09:16 AM
You can go back to listening to Adele if you like now.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-02-2016, 09:18 AM
Somehow, I always pictured Thump as more of a Brittany or Miley fan...

Thumper
11-02-2016, 10:09 AM
Ha ha! I'm a CD whore and could open my own record store! I always keep 20-30 here in my office and right now, I'm looking at the cd's right here on a shelf above my desk (gots a bazillion more downstairs with my sound system and in my truck). I'm lookin' at Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Queen, The Who, The Eagles, Deep Purple, Fleetwood Mac, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Van Halen, Bruce Springsteen, Uriah Heep, ELO, CCR, The Grateful Dead, The Doors, Santana, Yes, Grand Funk Railroad, ZZ Top, Bad Company, Bee Gees (I know, I know ... but I got laid a bazillion times to the Best of the Bee Gees, so it brings back a ton of good memories!), Moody Blues, Steppenwolf, Chicago, Bad Finger, Procol Harem and Bread.

Yeah, ok, I guess when I took my stack of blues cd's downstairs, I grabbed a batch from the 60's - 70's stack. 'Course, that's when the best music was made anydamnway. I ain't gots none o'that twangy redneck crap. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-02-2016, 10:19 AM
The 90s want their CDs back.

Nancy.

BKB

LJ3
11-02-2016, 10:32 AM
Hello? Celtic Wimmin is more his speed.

I like Sturgill, he's good.

The truck I bought had a Brad Paisley CD in it left my be the previous owner. It's pretty dang good music. There's a couple "country pop" songs on it but there's also much better stuff with some substance and musicianship on it.

Most the "country" stuff you guys listen to makes me want to open a vein but to each his own.