PDA

View Full Version : Hey Secret Committee!

Thumper
11-02-2016, 08:02 PM
The anti-virus program I run on both my PC and laptop is WebRoot. Anytime I Google something and it brings up a list of websites, it has a little marker to the side warning of any security threats. Their system runs their warning categories like this:

1) Trustworthy
2) Low Risk
3) Moderate Risk
4) Suspicious
5) High Risk

If I'm surfing the net, I never click on anything that doesn't have a "trustworthy" tag next to it.

Tonight I was digging around and (totally by accident) stumbled on an old post from GoodHunting (the words in my search matched words that were in the post). What surprised me is, the link had a "Moderate Risk" warning beside it. I then Googled "GoodHunting.info" (our home page) and also received a "moderate risk" warning.

I copied this from the WebRoot notice that pops up if I click on the warning:

Moderate Risk - These are generally benign sites, but have exhibited some characteristics that suggest security risk. There is some probability that the user will be exposed to malicious links or payloads.

Now, admittedly, we're not a major attraction for new users ... but this sure won't help attract new blood around this joint. Do any of youse techies know how to get something like this changed?

LJ3
11-02-2016, 08:20 PM
If I was a betting man I'd say it's related to our post content over the years. And your fucking language.

BarryBobPosthole
11-02-2016, 08:23 PM
Well, and then there was the time you bunch of liberals fucks got us hacked by the Russians.

BKB

LJ3
11-02-2016, 08:26 PM
Fucktards!

Thumper
11-02-2016, 08:28 PM
I should'a known better than to try working with a basket of deplorables. :banghead

airbud7
11-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Let me upgrade that to ......#5 High Risk........fucky/kissmyass/clintonsuxs/mofoain'tright.com/Fuckturds :D

http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/anBDD5z_700b.jpg

Ya'll like my new scope?

Captain
11-02-2016, 08:34 PM
They prolly saw the picture of you in pink pants and Arty in spandex and Nip-guards and that did it!

Arty
11-02-2016, 08:54 PM
Let me upgrade that to ......#5 High Risk........fucky/kissmyass/clintonsuxs/mofoain'tright.com/Fuckturds :D

http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/anBDD5z_700b.jpg

Ya'll like my new scope?

Can't be sure, but I'd bet Hillary's best Moo-moo that there ain't nary a crosshair on that scope

Arty
11-02-2016, 08:54 PM
BITE me cappy