PDA

View Full Version : Cubs win!

Captain
11-03-2016, 04:33 AM
Like I care or even know they were playing.
It's just all there is on the news this morning at 4 AM
Now nobody can say I ain't never started a Base-A-Ball post.
The only comment I had is I'm glad for JB.
(I think he wanted that team to win)

Chicken Dinner
11-03-2016, 05:37 AM
I was indifferent at the start of the series as to who I rooting for. Once they got down 3 games to 1, I started rooting for them. I also got tired of hearing about the possibility of Cleveland winning the NBA and MLB championships pretty quick. (Postie hating the Cubs with the way you Di Crooked Hilary is just a bonus.) I had to turn it off when it got tied up after the 8th as it was way past my bed time...

airbud7
11-03-2016, 07:19 AM
That was one hell of a ball game

Big Muddy
11-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Prolly one of the best ballgames, I've ever watched, and I've sure watched my share....felt sorta bad for Dave Ross, when he got knocked backwards, trying to cover up a bad pitch, and 2 runs scored....but, the pro that he is, he came right back with the homer....he's a good ole southern boy, and I watched him play in the SEC, at both Auburn and Florida....last night was his last MLB game, as he's retiring, and gonna be missed.

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2016, 09:49 AM
Ross is one of the best stories to come out of this series. His teammates' respect for him speaks volumes.

Other than that, the Cubs can go fuck themselves.

BKb

Big Muddy
11-03-2016, 09:52 AM
I think they already did THAT to the Indians, last night. ;)

Chicken Dinner
11-03-2016, 10:35 AM
I actually thought it was a poorly played game. Hell, the winner had three errors and the loser had one.

Big Muddy
11-03-2016, 10:44 AM
Well, it was just my perspective, being a good game, and I'll stand by that....errors were to be expected from both teams....wet grass, rain delay, nervousness, etc....and, those uncertainties just made it more exciting.

Chicken Dinner
11-03-2016, 11:11 AM
No question it was exciting and entertaining. Just not a very clean game.

DeputyDog
11-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Towards the end of the regular season I told a friend of mine who is a lifelong Cubs fan that they were going to stretch it out and get the fan base really believing then break their hearts once again. I was almost right. Can you imagine being a true fan if either of those teams and going into extra innings in game 7 how gut wrenching it must have been for the losers.

Big Muddy
11-03-2016, 02:03 PM

"""Cubs Fan Cracks Open Beer He Had in His Fridge for 32 Years"""

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/11/03/watch-cubs-fan-cracks-open-beer-he-had-his-fridge-32-years

Arty
11-03-2016, 02:04 PM
Last nights game was the 1st baseball game I've watched since last years World Series.
And it was a god one. I'm glad the Cubs pulled it out.
I'm tired today. Didn't even get up in time to put muh nip guards on