PDA

View Full Version : Monsoons!

johnboy
11-03-2016, 02:50 PM
As you know, I live on the Wet Coast of Vancouver Island and am no stranger to rain (a LOT of rain) but this last month has been seriously damp even for here. Looking out the window right now and it is coming down in buckets, has not let up for a week straight and shows no inclination to even slack off a bit. This is a lot of water that needs somewhere to go so it might be a problem for next years salmon fry as the creeks blow out and all the eggs get washed downstream.

Gonna watch for critters pairing up and if that happens, I'm heading for higher ground. :fish

quercus alba
11-03-2016, 03:12 PM
Nonbelievers aren't allowed to use metaphors like that. Pretty sure it's a law somewhere

:poke

LJ3
11-03-2016, 04:00 PM
I saw Jimmy with a Thai man boy... that's one pair. If you see BBP holding hands with Willie Nelson I say head for the hills!

Captain
11-03-2016, 04:32 PM
I'd give Thumpers left nut for some of tnat rain.
I drilled oats and wheat 4 weeks ago right after the hurricane and we have not had a drop since!

Big Muddy
11-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Any of it germinate, Cap???....all my seed is laying in dry dirt.

Captain
11-03-2016, 05:22 PM
Every bit of it is up and looking good but it sure could use a drink.
And I NEED to be drilling fescue in bare spots in the pastures but it seems pointless at this time.
There is just no season in the ground.

johnboy
11-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Sunshine today! Well, at least for 20 minutes or so. Got the dog for a walk without raingear.:walk QA, I thought all myths and legends were in the public domain so I needn't worry about the Inquisition showing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf_Y4MbUCLY

Big Muddy
11-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Here it is the first week of Nov., and still in the 90's....think I'll put up this sign in my yard because these sumbucks are getting bigger by the minute. ;)