PDA

View Full Version : 'Somebody 'Splain This To Me

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Verizon, At&T, IBM and several others I know have been offshoring jobs to places like the Czech Republic, India, Philippines, Argentina and other places like that at an amazing rate. I worked on projects in Argentina and the PI. The reason they do it? These countries have a college educated worked force that will work for 1/4 of what US workers demand for the same job. Believe me, I've seen the numbers so many times it makes me sick. Even if they never reach the experience and ability of US workers, you can just hire twice as many and still cut labor costs in half. This isn't happening because of trade treaties. Its happening because emerging third world countries are trying to compete by developing their himan resources.

Now. What in the blue fuck is any American president going to do to bring those jobs back?

The answer is they can't do jack shot. If they make it so finacially onerous that offshoring becomes unprofitable, then companies will simply move to another country with more business friendly rules.

Do voters have no business knowedge of this crap and just ignore it or is it what people want to hear?

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-04-2016, 12:48 PM
I read in Hilary's emails that it just needs to look like they're (our politicians) doing something. Evidently, we're all just that gullible.

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2016, 01:04 PM
Well, they all know there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it. We're either in the global economy or we're not.

Which is worse: someone who tries to create a perception that the government is trying to stem the tide of offshoring or someone who says he'll bring all of those jobs back no problem, its just because we made bad deals?

There are thingsthat could be done by the way. I've not heard any candidate say they will remove tax incentives that companies get for offshoring jobs. Of course, neither wants to be perceived as antibusiness.

This issue was a big one in the 2012 election. And not a fucking thing has been done since, and won't be done after this one either.

BKB

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/10/talking-tax-breaks-for-offshoring/

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2016, 01:04 PM
Well, they all know there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it. We're either in the global economy or we're not.

Which is worse: someone who tries to create a perception that the government is trying to stem the tide of offshoring or someone who says he'll bring all of those jobs back no problem, its just because we made bad deals?

There are thingsthat could be done by the way. I've not heard any candidate say they will remove tax incentives that companies get for offshoring jobs. Of course, neither wants to be perceived as antibusiness.

This issue was a big one in the 2012 election. And not a fucking thing has been done since, and won't be done after this one either.

BKB

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/10/talking-tax-breaks-for-offshoring/

Captain
11-04-2016, 01:12 PM
It's all Obama's fault. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airbud7
11-04-2016, 02:15 PM
It's all Obama's fault. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This^

Sent from my desktop using Shit talk

Thumper
11-04-2016, 03:13 PM
It's the same b/s as trying to bring manufacturing jobs back to the US. The only way would be a huge import tax on goods from outside the country. So, what we now get from China will be taxed to become higher priced than US mfg. goods made by high paid US workers who will probably be unionized to make prices even higher. So, if anyone believes a politician (or businessman turned politician) is doing us any favors by returning manufacturing jobs back home, they better be prepared to pay $800 for a frigging toaster.

LJ3
11-04-2016, 03:36 PM
Politicians are shitbags. Every. Last One.

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2016, 04:15 PM
One would think that Obama has done nothing to enforce unfair trade practices, but actually the opposite is true. He's 20 for 20 in filings and wins for unfair practices.AND US exports broke records five years in a row.
BKB