PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake

BarryBobPosthole
11-06-2016, 09:48 PM
Pretty good little tremblor we just had. We've been hearing the earth rumble for the past half hour and then the trembling started about five monites ago and lasted about a minute.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-06-2016, 09:53 PM
That's fucked up.

BarryBobPosthole
11-06-2016, 09:54 PM
No shit. And we know what causes it and do it any fucking way!

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
11-06-2016, 10:04 PM
5.3 Cushing, Ok. Lots of pipelines meet there and huge tank farms. No word of damage yet but 5.3 ain't no small potatoes.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-06-2016, 11:31 PM
I got kinfolks in Stillwater.....shook them up pretty good.

Captain
11-07-2016, 04:21 AM
That's messed us Posty. It's all Obamas fault. He's had 8 years 68 vacations and 209 golf trips to get that messed stopped!
Hope you all are alright out that way!

Thumper
11-07-2016, 10:12 AM
Don't stop fracking ... I need the gas! ;)

LJ3
11-07-2016, 10:39 AM
I'm totally ignernt about fracking. I pledge to get smart about it within a month.

BarryBobPosthole
11-07-2016, 11:14 AM
It ain't the fracking, its disposal of the by product of fracking, salt water loaded with benzene and all sorts of bad chit. So they inject hundreds of thousands of gallons of that shit into these injection wells. Our teabagger legislature and governor and corporation commission are whores when it comes to injection wells. We allow all of the other surrounding states
to dump their extraction fluids here. Last year we injected 1.5 BILLION barrels of wastewater from drilling and extraction, mainly from,you guessed it, Texas.
Its a topic that is kind of hard to get facts on. Our own Oklahoma Geological Society, made up of geologists of course, lied to the public and claimed all these quakes were naturally occuring. At least until the US Geological Society weighed in with their own data. After the 5.7 quake in September the Corp Commission closed 35 injection wells in response. There are 3200 in the state.
Again, our GOP leaders ,and we're the reddest of states, claim we have to allow this shit in order to attract business to our state.
When the big one hits, maybe we'll do something about it.
We've gone from total denial that humans caused it, to the current stand from the OGS and republican leaders that the science says even if we stopped injecting the earthquakes wouldn't stop. More bullshit.
And of course, there's the contingent that says 'Then you must want to walk instead of driving.' Personally, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we shut down every fucking oil well in the state. I'd gladly walk to the polls to vote these assholes out.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
11-07-2016, 11:18 AM
And y'alls' buddy Trump would remove all restrictions on fracking he says. I guess as long as its in my back yard and not yours you find that perfectly acceptable.

And on edit, his energy guy is Harold Hamm the owner of Continental Resources in Oklahoma City. Harold Hamm is going to bring earthquakes to North Dakota too' just wait. He's a major player there.
BKB

johnboy
11-07-2016, 11:21 AM
Do you have earthquake insurance down your way? Would you be covered for damage if the quake was "man made"? Our quake ins is about $500-600 a year but we are on an actual fault line.