PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question

Chicken Dinner
11-08-2016, 09:39 AM
I was watching some of the election coverage last night and the were doing all this detailed analysis of early voting trends by racial demographic. Stuff like Hispanic voting is up by 100%+ in Florida. This wasn't a sample obtained through polling. They had the total # of early votes broken down by party and race. They may have even had male/female. Just not sure how they get the info and why some government agency would even track it much release it before the election. It's been so long since I registered, I don't know if they asked me. I certainly wouldn't provide it if asked today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LJ3
11-08-2016, 09:43 AM
I had that same thought. Not sure what a good answer is but it seemed to me those sorts of things shouldn't be discussed until after the election. There's enough fear and hate mongering go on without using governemnt supplied data to fuel the fires.

BarryBobPosthole
11-08-2016, 10:00 AM
I know election boards keep that data because its all available after an election. Now, my voter registration doesn't have my race on it but maybe the voter rolls does? I have no idea.

And I think projecting results based on just early voting turnout by race and political party is about as iffy as it can get.

One of the things that does bother me is they call elections before all the polls are closed. I remember the Reagan-Carter election I lived in Dallas and was in line to vote at around 8:00 that night and they called the election while I was in line. That sucked. I still voted but it changed the whole deal for me.

Poor poor me.

BKB

LJ3
11-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Can't argue with that. It should not be allowed at all. Give a brotha a chance to feel like he participated in the process FFS.

Captain
11-08-2016, 10:45 AM
You ask THIS bunch a serious question?
Are you high? ;)