PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever had back trouble???....

Big Muddy
11-09-2016, 12:39 PM
A few days ago, I picked up a couple of 5 gal. buckets of Hy-Tran fluid....I sorta felt a twinge in my upper back, but it went away....now, if I move a certain way, I get a tingly feeling in my fingers, but that, too, goes away.

I musta got a pinched nerve, or something....a heating pad seems to help.

I hate going to the doctor, but thinking about a chiropractor....any advice from the GH consortium???

LJ3
11-09-2016, 12:48 PM
Hurt a disc. Either ruptured or just strained. A damaged disc lets the vertebrae compress together and affect the nerves between them. A doc will know exactly which one based on which functions are tingling.

I've had mixed success with chiros but it always help at least a little.

I've hurt a bunch of them :)

BarryBobPosthole
11-09-2016, 01:08 PM
A few days ago, I picked up a couple of 5 gal. buckets of Hy-Tran fluid....I sorta felt a twinge in my upper back, but it went away....now, if I move a certain way, I get a tingly feeling in my fingers, but that, too, goes away.

I musta got a pinched nerve, or something....a heating pad seems to help.

I hate going to the doctor, but thinking about a chiropractor....any advice from the GH consortium???

One word...TENS unit. Well, two words. They have them at at Walgreens but I'd buy a hinnerd dollar unit on line if I were you. Or a place that sells good physical therapy shit will have them.

I'm serious. If its muscle or nerve related those TENS units are the bomb.

BKB

Thumper
11-09-2016, 01:14 PM
My pinky and ring fingers on both hands have felt tingly since my first back surgery. I've had all sorts of tests. In one of them, they stuck needles in me in about 20 places, hooked me up to all sorts of wires, turned the dial and had me flopping around like a fish out'ta water! Once I thought the torture was over with, they said, "Ok, now we'll test the OTHER side!" :hair

They finally said it would most likely go away on it's own. It didn't ... and that was almost persactly 7 years ago! ;)

On the bright side, they (my fingers) were "dead" at that time ... like they were asleep and I could barely feel them. I kept dropping things because I'd pick something up and it felt like I didn't have a good grip because I couldn't feel my fingers! That did improve, but the "tingle" and slight numbness is still there.

Big Muddy
11-09-2016, 01:46 PM
Does the TENS unit actually do any healing, or just ease and mask the pain???

BarryBobPosthole
11-09-2016, 02:32 PM
It relieves the pain by taking care of any muscle spasms that occur when you strain your back. It speeds up the recovery by (I think) at least half.

I strained my lower back lifting the front of my ztr to put it on jackstands of all stupid things. My neice, who has a phd in physical therapy, was staying with us at the time doing her clinicals. My back was hurt so bad that when I walked if I leaned over too far one way or another it felt like a frigging electrical shock went up my back. She busted one out of her medical bag and said it was her best tool for those kinds of pain. That thing did miracles for me.

You can buy a cheap one at the pharmacy for like thorty bucks and try it. If you think it helps them you can invest in a better one.

BKB

DeputyDog
11-09-2016, 02:32 PM
I've got disc degeneration in my lower back. When you've got that pain, take some sort of anti inflammatory like Alene. I do go to a chiropractor but he's a really good one. Before he did anything he took X-rays and isn't the type that always wants to see you. He does an adjustment then has you come back as needed. Matter of fact I was just in to see him today. Had a slight pain in the lower back but had the tingling down my leg. He did the adjustment and a bit of stretching and I'm good as new. This was the first time I'd been to see him in 18 months.

quercus alba
11-09-2016, 03:10 PM
An 80 year old man ought to know better than to try and pick up two buckets of hydraulic fluid

Big Muddy
11-09-2016, 04:29 PM
Umm, Querk, in my best Thump voice, grab a day'um stool. ;)