PDA

View Full Version : For any of you cheap shits here!

Thumper
11-09-2016, 02:17 PM
I always take advantage of as many freebies or discounts that I can for Veteran's Day. We're going to LA in a week or so and I need a haircut, so I'll hit my local Great Clips for a haircut since I'm due. (last year I just picked up a card and it was good 'til the end of the year)

Lynn and I will prolly have lunch together and I'll get a freebie meal, then we'll do the same for dinner. Hey, when you're poor, you do what ya' gots ta' do! ;)

Anyway, if any of you veterans are interested, here's a good source for freebies and discounts:

http://www.military.com/veterans-day/veterans-day-military-discounts.html?ESRC=vetday.se

Big Muddy
11-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Our local bank and two schools offer free meals to Vets....the bank has a huge kitchen and break-room area, and sets up a very nice buffet....we can come and go, as we please, all day Friday....the schools really put on a good feed, too, but it's only at lunch time.

Sonic, McD's, Wendy's, and several more places offer Vet discounts, as well.

BarryBobPosthole
11-09-2016, 02:35 PM
Birddog and I are going fishing for Veterans Day. I'll prolly let him catch either the biggest fish or the most, I haven't decided yet, in honor of his service to our country.

Or maybe most species.

BKB

DeputyDog
11-09-2016, 03:38 PM
I know that Applebee's is free for veterans that day too.