PDA

View Full Version : Fuck politics - FISHIN'!

LJ3
11-09-2016, 04:16 PM
BBP's post about letting birddog catch fish put the question in my haid.

What's the most species you've caught on a single body of water in one day?

Mine would have to be fishing for smallies in the river. I caught a smallie, a largemouth, a catfish, 3 or 4 different panfish and a grass carp. On a different day I caught a rainbow with smallies and largemouth.

There's walleye, snakeheads and muskies in there too along with a couple other species of carp and cats.

DeputyDog
11-09-2016, 04:49 PM
I've caught largemouth, northern pike, perch, and probably 3 different panfish.

I grew up on an 840 acre lake that had all of them and more in it.

Big Muddy
11-10-2016, 12:15 AM
Grinners, sucker carp, buffalo, asian carp, black crappie, white crappie, shellcrackers, bream, polly wogs, flathead, channel cats, blues, bass, and 13 bullfrogs.

It was a rather LARGE net. ;)

LJ3
11-10-2016, 08:57 AM
I think I'ma have to go ahead and disqualify you Edward. May as well fish with dynamite!

Chicken Dinner
11-10-2016, 09:02 AM
It' probably smallie, catfish, blue gill and red ear on the upper Potomac. A close second would be Largemouth, chain pickerel and sunfish on a farm pond over on the Eastern Shore.

Big Muddy
11-10-2016, 09:13 AM
I think I'ma have to go ahead and disqualify you Edward. May as well fish with dynamite!

Nah, dynamite messes up the frog legs. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2016, 10:58 AM
Maybe its a local thing, but people I grew up with fishing hunting with alot always seemed to make a little competition out of about every aspect. I deer camped every year for a long time with the same bunch of guys. We had a rule that if you fired your gun and didn't bring back meat, you got your shirt tail cut off and hung up in camp. It sure cut down on people shooting chipmonks just to see what deer rifle would do to one. We enforced it too. I liked to cut them off right below the nipples. Big plaid flags.

If I'm fishing with Mallard or my first cousin, there's almost always a dollar pot on first fish, most fish, biggest fish, and most species. Its a tradition with my two boys and I too.

Maybe here in Postiedontgiveafuckistan we do cray shit!

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-10-2016, 11:07 AM
My deer camp has shirt tails hanging that go back to the 1930's. (I think they stopped the tradition in the 1990's.) They used to be running along the log beams along with a name and date. A few year's back they moved them to a big bulletin board. The club was founded by the grandfather's of some guys that are still in the club. Pretty cool history.

HideHunter
11-11-2016, 09:56 PM
The couple my wife and I fish with a lot like to keep track of "species".. I think 7 in one day is our "record".

BarryBobPosthole
11-11-2016, 10:44 PM
I had 19 bass, two big blue gill and Keith had 17 bass three perch. I guided him right on a huge bass but he let it get off after it waltzed him around by his willie. He never turned it. It was a hog. He'll be dreaming about it ror a week.

But alas, I can't do everything. Like setting the hook. I mean.....they ain't got no hands!

An awesome veterans day in the pitdoors with a great fishing buddy.

BKb