PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody please 'splain sumpin' to me?

Thumper
11-10-2016, 03:09 PM
How can ILLEGAL aliens openly protest OUR Presidential election in the streets of our major cities? I just don't get it. They're even protesting the fact Trump called them "criminals". Excuse me? Isn't a criminal someone who breaks the law? What exactly does "illegal immigrant" mean anydamnway? They even have signs posted around town!

http://static.ijreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/dumpTrump-poster.jpg

Why doesn't Immigration/Border Patrol simply send in the paddy wagons and save the country a ton of money normally used for apprehension? Name any other country where you can sneak across the border with zero documentation and set up housekeeping, have babies who can draw benefits and attend tax payer supported schools? Anywhere else in the world, you'd go to jail.

Here in the U.S. - heck, I don't even know why we bother with immigration laws. There's even a group out of Nashville touring the country ADVERTISING the fact they're undocumented ... yet nothing is done about it. (here's an excerpt from the article)

They are in the United States without documentation ... Over the past few weeks, a group of more than 30 housekeepers, day laborers, students and immigration activists has been making its way across the country in a ragtag caravan, chanting “no papers, no fear” and proudly declaring “I’m undocumented” in public gatherings. The riders do not have the legal documents to be in the U.S., a point they want everyone they meet to know.

WTF??? I was watching the protests by illegals in L.A. last night and for the life of me, I just cannot understand how this is allowed. (here's a local newscast from earlier in the campaign)

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hRZcRSTM-kA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LJ3
11-10-2016, 03:36 PM
I'll show my RINO ass, don't care and you can all eat a bag of dicks if you don't like it. (I love this place)

I think the compassionate and valuable solution for America to deal with illegal immigrants is to find a path to citizenship for those who want to become legal US citizens. No felons! Their priority comes AFTER anyone who has followed our laws and applied for citizen ship legally.

Thumper
11-10-2016, 03:38 PM
And if you were the POTUS, you'd pardon Hillary. ;)

quercus alba
11-10-2016, 03:43 PM
My wife is a naturalized citizen from Taiwan. She was adopted as a child, became a citizen after we married and is fiercely patriotic. Never had government aid and always worked and payed taxes. That's doing it the right way

Big Skyz
11-10-2016, 04:09 PM
"for America to deal with illegal immigrants is to find a path to citizenship for those who want to become legal US citizens"

Ummm Len, I usually consider you to be a fairly sharp fellar. You do know there already is a path to citizenship, right? That's the whole problem, it's the ILLEGAL aliens we want out, not those that followed the path to citizenship.

Thumper
11-10-2016, 04:11 PM
My (ex) wife was a naturalized citizen from Thailand. She never knew her father and was abandoned by her mother (raised by her grandmother). She loves this country more than her own, never had gov't aid, has always worked and paid taxes. We busted our asses doing all the paper work, paying fees and got her immigration papers the right (lawful) way. She came here, worked during the day, paid for and went to night school, learned the English language, then took (and passed) her citizenship exam. She has never been without a job and at one point, worked two jobs.

Lynn was born here, but her grand parents came here from Japan and also followed the legal processes to become citizens. (I was fortunate to know them for many years before they passed away.) They opened a nursery (plants) and also were never without a job (except when they were hauled off to an internment camp during the war). After the war, they came back from the camp (STILL loving this country), put their lives back together and again, went right to work, never once accepting any gov't assistance. I've heard the stories about the camp from her mom who was a little girl at the time. She also never stopped loving this country and has also worked all of her life (until retirement).

There are legal immigrants and there are criminals IMHO. I suppose I agree with Trump there.

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2016, 04:12 PM
I thought the constitution said free speech was an inalienable right. That means given by God and not by man, in case you're wondering. Or if you don't believe in God it means we don't get them from tye government, we already have them.

So....if you want to redefine that to say only citizens have free speech here in America you can say that. But that don't mean its true.

BKB

Thumper
11-10-2016, 04:19 PM
I guess you keep reminding me why I'm a registered Republican.

God also put poppies and marijuana here for our use, so I guess I don't need to abide by the law of the land. I suppose the same goes for wildlife. I suppose if I poach a deer and get busted by the Game Warden, I'll just tell him God put the animals here for me. When you go fishing on Veteran's Day, tear your license to pieces and simply tell the GW you no longer need it.

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2016, 04:22 PM
I never said that anybody didn't have to obey any law. I said they have freedom of expression whether they are citizens or not. If you don't like the constitution then thats fine. But thats what it says.

BKB

Big Skyz
11-10-2016, 04:25 PM
BBP stop being difficult just for the sake of being difficult. You know darn good and well it's not about them exercising a freedom of speech issue. It is why are these people that have openly and blatantly broken the law not rounded up and carted off? They can protest all they want inside a jail cell or back across the border from where they illegally came from in the first place.

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2016, 04:33 PM
Then by all means, cart them off.

BKB

Big Skyz
11-10-2016, 04:37 PM
There is hope you for yet Barry. :D

LJ3
11-10-2016, 04:57 PM
"for America to deal with illegal immigrants is to find a path to citizenship for those who want to become legal US citizens"

Ummm Len, I usually consider you to be a fairly sharp fellar. You do know there already is a path to citizenship, right? That's the whole problem, it's the ILLEGAL aliens we want out, not those that followed the path to citizenship.

Fair enough, I was caught up in the moment :) You are correct.

Chicken Dinner
11-10-2016, 05:07 PM
Look at that! We all agree. Was that so hard?

LJ3
11-10-2016, 05:09 PM
We're going to have to figure out a way to effectively address the 12 million people in this country and how to determine if they should become citizens. Deporting them all is stupid rhetoric. Some of you people are gonna have to come to terms with the actual problem and how to solve it.

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2016, 05:10 PM
I didn't say I agree. I was just answering Thumpers first sentence in his post.

Staying on task isn't our forte' though. So we'll go with what we got.

BKb

Chicken Dinner
11-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Lalalalalalalalalala. I can't hear you...

DeputyDog
11-10-2016, 05:14 PM
Something needs to be done to stem the tide of people who are entering the country illegally but I Agree with Len to a point about coming up with some way for those already here to gain citizenship. There is no way to just deport all of them now.

What do you do about families that have children who are citizens but the parents aren't? Do you deport the parents and let the children stay? Or do you start throwing citizens out of the country because of their parent's actions? Like it or not anyone born on US soil is an American citizen. That is open for change but do we then go back and take away citizenship to people who were born here while their parents were here illegally?

There is no easy solution or even a difficult one that will make everyone happy.

LJ3
11-10-2016, 05:17 PM
Maybe there's a way we could work legal prostitution in to all this. Jimmy? Whatsayyou?

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2016, 05:22 PM
Something needs to be done to stem the tide of people who are entering the country illegally but I Agree with Len to a point about coming up with some way for those already here to gain citizenship. There is no way to just deport all of them now.

What do you do about families that have children who are citizens but the parents aren't? Do you deport the parents and let the children stay? Or do you start throwing citizens out of the country because of their parent's actions? Like it or not anyone born on US soil is an American citizen. That is open for change but do we then go back and take away citizenship to people who were born here while their parents were here illegally?

There is no easy solution or even a difficult one that will make everyone happy.

Just FYI, the number of illegal immigrants in the US has been stable since 2009. So there is no 'tide of people coming into the United States. Under Obama we deported more and already stemmed that 'tide'.

BKB

DeputyDog
11-10-2016, 05:29 PM
Just FYI, the number of illegal immigrants in the US has been stable since 2009. So there is no 'tide of people coming into the United States. Under Obama we deported more and already stemmed that 'tide'.

BKB

In that case then let's not do anything about it. He's already solved the issue.

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2016, 05:35 PM
I never said that either. I happen to agree with what you're proposing we do with immigration reform. Give them a way to get a temporary work visa, let them come and work, pay taxes,and go home.T happens to be what Hillary Clinton wanted to do to. Big hint: its not Donald Trump's plan.

BKB

Big Skyz
11-10-2016, 05:37 PM
"Just FYI, the number of illegal immigrants in the US has been stable since 2009. So there is no 'tide of people coming into the United States. Under Obama we deported more and already stemmed that 'tide'.

BKB "

Since they came here illegally, how exactly does one track this and put a number to it? Do they check a census box and let us know they are here illegally? Methinks this isn't something that cannot be accurately tracked.

DeputyDog
11-10-2016, 05:39 PM
FYI I didn't vote for Trump because of his immigration plan. I voted for him because Hillary holds positions on several issues that made so that I could not in any way vote for her in good conscience.

Big Skyz
11-10-2016, 05:43 PM
Just for kicks and giggles I looked up my old elementary school in Arizona. When I attended school there we had 5 Hispanic students in the entire school. I was just curious what it looked like now. I found this on the school's website. Anyway, I thought it was interesting. This is out of 450 students.
Asian - 2%

African American - 12%

Hispanic - 45%

Indian/Alaskan - 1%

Caucasion - 40%

LJ3
11-10-2016, 05:44 PM
I never said that either. I happen to agree with what you're proposing we do with immigration reform. Give them a way to get a temporary work visa, let them come and work, pay taxes,and go home.T happens to be what Hillary Clinton wanted to do to. Big hint: its not Donald Trump's plan.

BKB

Wait... what if he finishes the wall while they're still here? Someone didn't think this all the way through.

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2016, 05:59 PM
Here's where you can see some data.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/03/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

Its interesting that 66% have been here ten years or more.

BkB

Big Skyz
11-10-2016, 06:07 PM
Interesting that they call "estimates" facts. That's news to me. It didn't include any estimates from this year or 2015 either. I seem to recall a lot estimations recently about who would win this year's presidential election as well. Funny old world isn't it?

Barry just for the record, and I really mean this, you are more than welcome to come out here and fish or hunt someday with me. In fact I'm sure we would both enjoy it. There will only be two rules. No discussing politics or religion. Besides, who wants to do that when more important things like fishing and hunting are involved?

Thumper
11-10-2016, 06:23 PM
B/S, you don't know what you're offering here. I've been fishing with P-hole before and trust me when I tell you this ... the FIRST thing you need to do is head over to the closest surplus store and pick yourself up one'a these bad boys. Even then, avoid closed spaces! (you'll thank me later) :D

http://www.approvedgasmasks.com/images/evo5000-mask.jpg

Big Skyz
11-10-2016, 06:27 PM
Thumper, the wind never stops blowing here. Thanks for the warning I will just always stay upwind. :D

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2016, 06:27 PM
I appreciate that and I'll take you up on that some day. And of course the same invite is open to you as well.

And it might surprise you but I hardly ever discuss politics outside of online. Keith and I might waste a little breath on it but I can tell you it ain't much!

Here's one thing that has amazed me about politics and religion though: you can know someone well, really well, have a whole lot in common with them, love them like brothers in fact, and they have awesome families and so obviously are great human beings. And they can have most godawful un-thought through shallow political and religious thoughts known to man when you compare it to yours.
I know those thi gs are important to people, hell they are important to me. But as little as they have to do with what I think of as a person's intellect, I have to wonder if that shit matters at all. I mean, y'all are some smart people that I am glad as hell to have got to know, and love. Yep I said it.
But y'all are some dumb motherfuckers when it comes to politics.

BKB

DeputyDog
11-10-2016, 06:36 PM
I mean, y'all are some smart people that I am glad as hell to have got to know, and love. Yep I said it.

BKB

Right back at ya.

Nandy
11-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Call me Seņor dumb motherfucker....

Captain
11-11-2016, 08:29 AM
The felons have got to go back!
Strike that, they ALL got to go back. That's my stance and I hope it happens.

Captain
11-11-2016, 08:40 AM

BKB
Let's see. You were saying the government shut down would cost the republicans big time in the midterm elections and I said it would help them. And congress filled up with republicans.
You been screaming Trump is a dumbass and unfit to serve as president. I picked him when the republican field was at 17. I did not watch one debate and stated here it was a waste of time. Me (and many Americans) minds were made up to blow up the political Washington crap with Trump. You said I was a wrong.
Now WHO is the dumb MF in this deal?

Big Muddy
11-11-2016, 09:17 AM
Call me Seņor dumb motherfucker....

This reminds me of that old Raymond J. Johnson, Jr. routine:

"""Now you can call me Ray, or you can call me J, or you can call me Johnny, or you can call me Sonny, or you can call me Junie, or you can call me Junior....or, you can call me Ray J, or you can call me RJ, or you can call me RJJ, or you can call me RJJ Jr.....but, you doesn't hasta call me Johnson!"""

Or, in Phole's case of name-calling, """you doesn't hasta call me a dumb muthaf**ker.""" ;)

LJ3
11-11-2016, 11:26 AM
I appreciate that and I'll take you up on that some day. And of course the same invite is open to you as well.

And it might surprise you but I hardly ever discuss politics outside of online. Keith and I might waste a little breath on it but I can tell you it ain't much!

Here's one thing that has amazed me about politics and religion though: you can know someone well, really well, have a whole lot in common with them, love them like brothers in fact, and they have awesome families and so obviously are great human beings. And they can have most godawful un-thought through shallow political and religious thoughts known to man when you compare it to yours.
I know those thi gs are important to people, hell they are important to me. But as little as they have to do with what I think of as a person's intellect, I have to wonder if that shit matters at all. I mean, y'all are some smart people that I am glad as hell to have got to know, and love. Yep I said it.

BKB

I heart you, fuckface.

Nandy
11-11-2016, 11:38 AM
I heart you, fuckface.
Hey, hey! That's my cat name and she don't approve of her name being associated with this mess. [emoji48]

quercus alba
11-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Most of us are like everyone else, we vote based on what's important to us or our families with no concern to the big picture. I want a strong military and the right to participate in the religion of your choice. Good jobs for those who want to work and help for the elderly who have paid their dues. The hell with the able bodied who refuses to work, they can starve in the streets for all I care. Strict enforcement of the law. It's a rather simple concept but one that is not embraced by Hillary or Obama. In fact it seems to be an antithesis to them. They want to oppress the worker, employer, religious, and family man give it to the lazy louts who refuse to work and the nations that hate us. The government has become a gluttonous beast that's eating its own children

That's why I voted for Trump.

Thumper
11-11-2016, 12:14 PM
I'm pretty much right there with you Q/A ... so I'll just say "ditto" with one additional item. Gun Control is another major issue that keeps me to the right of center. I think I pretty much agree with P-hole (did I say that) and do agree there are a few loopholes that I wouldn't mind seeing filled in, but that's a minor point.

Arty
11-11-2016, 08:59 PM
There are some loopholes that need to be filled. Trump says he is on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk