PDA

View Full Version : Hey?

Chicken Dinner
11-12-2016, 08:08 AM
What's this about Mr. Trump deciding to keep parts if Obamacare? I'm hoping some of you Trumpkins might be able to shed some light on the details or the definition of "repeal".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arty
11-12-2016, 10:21 AM
I read that obama specifically asked trump consider leaving 2 things in place. 1) the option of having your children as covered individuals on your health plan (I think under Obamacare kids are good until they are like 25-26 years old)
2) the provision that keeps healthcare providers from denying coverage for a pre-existing condition.

Trump apparently agreed to consider it.

LJ3
11-12-2016, 11:15 AM
What's this about Mr. Trump deciding to keep parts if Obamacare? I'm hoping some of you Trumpkins might be able to shed some light on the details or the definition of "repeal".

Is this how you're gonna be for the next 4 years there, green party boy? :)

Chicken Dinner
11-12-2016, 12:07 PM
Is this how you're gonna be for the next 4 years there, green party boy? :)

Pretty much. Just wait until he decides to build a picket fence instead of a wall...

Thumper
11-12-2016, 12:39 PM
Way back when it was legal (I was a young kid), I spent time with my uncle as he was draining the swamp on a large piece of property he owned. Once it was drained, there were large "puddles" left that he made into fishing ponds as well as wild game and livestock (he put cattle on the property) watering holes. I think what Trump's doing is a smart move, stir the milk and scrape off the cream that rises to the top.

As for campaign promises ... this is an interesting website. I'm not Obama bashing, as I'd say it would probably fit most Presidents. (note: there are 27 pages here) http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/browse/

Chicken Dinner
11-12-2016, 01:59 PM
I have no delusions about politicians lying. I've just never seen one walk back one of the central tenets of his campaign so fast. Three days is all it took to change his mind on repealing the ACA. Seriously? No wonder the Mexicans aren't worried about paying for the wall and Crooked Hilary will never see the inside of a court room.

Arty
11-12-2016, 02:52 PM
I have no delusions about politicians lying. I've just never seen one walk back one of the central tenets of his campaign so fast. Three days is all it took to change his mind on repealing the ACA. Seriously? No wonder the Mexicans aren't worried about paying for the wall and Crooked Hilary will never see the inside of a court room.

Cool your jets there one lung.
He didn't walk away from it. In his campaign he said he would "repeal AND replace" Obamacare.

The two things I mentioned are two things that he has said he is "considering" leaving in the new healthcare laws.

Thumper
11-12-2016, 02:55 PM
As for Obama Care, I'd say keeping the two provisions he's talking about is not that bad of an idea. But two out of elebenty-bazillion is nothing to cry about (IMHO) and they are two that I really have no objection to personally. In a way, I don't have a dog in this hunt personally. I have Medicare as well as VA coverage and it doesn't affect me. Lynn has company insurance and to be honest, I have no clue how Obama Care would affect her if she should lose that coverage. It's a bridge we'll have to cross once we get to it. Who knows what the "plan" will be at that time.

As for Mexico paying for the wall ... I always wondered what he meant and how he'd implement that. I always assumed it would be paid for via "taxes" on anything that passed through the border from the Mexican side. A "toll wall" if you will ... basically an "import tax" and would work much the same way that tolls pay for some of our roads now. Again, I have no clue whatsoever, it's just what I would consider as a possibility. I've also wondered if he means an actual "physical" wall, or some sort of stepped up enforcement and/or penalties. I suppose the defensive line on a professional football team could be considered a "wall" if you really think about it. It may not be impenetrable, but it's mighty tough to get through. Who knows what he has in mind?

Hillary going to jail? It'll never happen to a "Teflon Clinton".