PDA

View Full Version : A quite disapointing hunting season so far...

Nandy
11-12-2016, 10:00 PM
Up to this date we only have killed 10 deer in the club total, by this time in the past I would have kill 4 or 5 mature deer and have let 10 deer walk. I have only seen 2 deer which I have shot both. I got one for my friend that cant hunt any longer and one for the "feed the hunger" then Im free to get my deer, one or 2, 3 tops and not feel guilty. For me it is not only about killing deer, it is about see deer... I have not heard much shooting either from the clubs around us so it is not just us. It is so disappointing that I have almost gave up going in the morning and I dont feel guilty of not going as I used to... Might try again next week but with such a slow season and the timer at work ticking I can hardly justify the gas money...

I know it is called hunting, not shooting, but not seeing deer at all is utterly frustrating.... Thanks for letting me vent....

Bwana
11-16-2016, 11:55 AM
Hope your luck changes Nandy.

Chicken Dinner
11-16-2016, 12:17 PM
Come on Nancy - keep the faith!

Thumper
11-16-2016, 12:25 PM
Come on Nancy - keep the faith!

Nancy!!?? Ha ha ha ha ha! ;)

Nandy
11-16-2016, 07:45 PM
Thanks guys, I guess will keep going, better than stay home...

Captain
11-16-2016, 08:02 PM
Nandy, deer populations are down a lot everywhere. Coyotes have taken a heavy toll on them and I'm not sure how long it will be before it recovers. We are seeing deer numbers like we had in the late 60's and early 70's. When deer first showed up in these parts.

Nandy
11-16-2016, 08:04 PM
man, dang coyotes.... I guess we need to start digging our pits deeper, clear up the brush around it and wait for them to show up at night....

DeputyDog
11-16-2016, 08:19 PM
Nandy, deer populations are down a lot everywhere. Coyotes have taken a heavy toll on them and I'm not sure how long it will be before it recovers. We are seeing deer numbers like we had in the late 60's and early 70's. When deer first showed up in these parts.

Do ya think maybe everyone killing a dozen or so every year might have something to do with it?

Nandy
11-16-2016, 09:12 PM
While I do at times feel that the SC seasons are a bit too liberal they got to that way for a reason.... too much food and a long "rut", I have heard too many times about a doe killed on late season with a small fawn fetus in it but I have not seen it with my own eyes. I really dont think legal hunters can do much more that control the population in a small way....

BarryBobPosthole
11-16-2016, 10:05 PM
Captain, I remember you used to post coyote pics quite often. You still killing them very often? I remember seeing black ones.

BKb

Captain
11-16-2016, 10:31 PM
Yes we shoot them a lot. But I swear it's like pulling your finger out if the ocean.
You can't tell we ever taken any.

Nandy
11-16-2016, 10:51 PM
I killed my first yote at larke's, actually, it was my first kill at all in continental USA.

Bwana
11-17-2016, 11:12 AM
I would LOVE to shoot me one of those black beauties that Larke has posted pictures of in the past.

Chicken Dinner
11-17-2016, 11:14 AM
How many acres and how many members in your club, Nancy? :D

Nandy
11-17-2016, 11:29 AM
We have over 800 acres, we are around 17 hunters divided on 3 seasons (deer, turkey and rabbit hunt) so you really never have that many guys in the property for a specific season. About 10 hunt deer but we very seldom show up at the same time. We have a weekend, early week and late week groups. IM the only one that hunts pretty much all week. All of this happens on its own. Nobody is forced to hunt only X days.

BarryBobPosthole
11-17-2016, 11:53 AM
Maybe if you weren't a Nancy.

BKB

Nandy
11-17-2016, 05:36 PM
Sorry bro, I am very in touch with my feminine side, however I think my feminine side is a big ass lesbo!