PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Any audiophiles here?

Thumper
11-15-2016, 12:22 PM
There's a local estate sale this weekend that is crammed FULL of electronics. I'm told there are 11 high end CD changers that hold 400 cd's each, as well as thousands of cd's and dvd's. There's also a HUGE (high-end) Disney collection with almost every product Disney ever put out, including tons of Disney art. Then there's the high-end sports memorabilia ... a good portion of it is Orlando Magic stuff. The place is crammed full. This is just a VERY small sample of the audio equipment. (I understand every wall in the house is covered by racks of cd's/dvd's.

The whole wall on the right (pic 1) is audio equipment and all those pics on the walls are Disney art.

https://picturescdn.estatesales.net/1373091/34808452/1.jpg https://picturescdn.estatesales.net/1373091/34808502/1.jpg

That's just the living room, every room in the house is stuffed with flat screen tv's, video gaming equipment with multiple monitors. There is major tonnage as far as Disney stuff is concerned. I have over 300 pics from inside the house and the amount of sports and Disney memorabilia is incredible. There is enough electronics in the house to open your own personal Best Buy! See those cases of cd's in the left pic? There are 12 of those in the pics I have, plus a few smaller cases. (no clue if all are shown in the pics or not)

BarryBobPosthole
11-15-2016, 12:30 PM
If you see a AVR or amplifier made by McIntosh and for anything south of a couple hundred bucks I want it.

CDs are so 1990s. I have a 400 cd changer full of cds that isn't even hooked up.

But with that said, high end audio is extremely rare. Listening to music on mp3 is about like eight track quality wise IMO. They just jack up the bass and treble to fake a hi fidelity sound. But its so damned convenient I put up with it.

BkB

Thumper
11-15-2016, 12:49 PM
Yep, I had a McIntosh with Sansui speakers back in the day (with a TEAK reel-to-reel!). :D

I scanned through the pics and didn't see any vintage stuff or for that matter, what I'd consider super high-end. No junk really, but basic, more modern Japanese stuff. Speakers are Infinity, JBL and some I couldn't make out the name. (I like JBL)

As for the equipment, he seems to be hung up on Sony and that is the brunt of his collection. He has a mix of Kenwood, Panasonic and Yamaha thrown in here and there also. He's running Crown pre-amps (I'm not familiar with them).

Most of the tv's throughout the house are Samsung.

Arty
11-15-2016, 03:49 PM
All that looks like just what I need for my weekend DJ business!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain
11-15-2016, 04:40 PM
All that looks like just what I need for my weekend DJ business!

What's the name of your business? Spinning Nipples? :D

LJ3
11-15-2016, 04:54 PM
^^^BAM!

hehehe, Spinning Nipples :) That's the perfect Stripper DJ name!

BarryBobPosthole
11-15-2016, 05:18 PM
Artie in cuffs and collar, wearing pasties and spinning records.

Thanks for the visual.

Not!

BKB

LJ3
11-15-2016, 05:23 PM
I used to use Zeppelin's Since I Been Lovin' You as an "audiophile" measure back in the day. If you could hear the pedal to John Bonham's high hat squeaking in the background (it needed some oil) it was good stuff. But now digital can reproduce it pretty easily while still removing far too much of the analog signal.

And that's what I think about that.

Arty
11-15-2016, 05:28 PM
What's the name of your business? Spinning Nipples? :D

It's the Twisted Nipples. Thankyouverymuch

Captain
11-15-2016, 05:32 PM
I would hav guesses the raw nipples or the bleeding nipples, or the tinder nipples...

Chicken Dinner
11-15-2016, 05:39 PM
AKA, the Purple Herman's...

It's the Twisted Nipples. Thankyouverymuch

BarryBobPosthole
11-15-2016, 05:48 PM
The Bloody Boobhats

BKB