PDA

View Full Version : New Amp On The Way

LJ3
11-15-2016, 11:42 PM
As long as I've been playing the guit-fiddle, I've always played low-end solid state amplifiers that really don't have that great of sound. I've never owned a tube amp. That changes NOW... sumbitch is on the way to me now! Yes, tubes, pre-amp and power tube technology just like the old school TVs and what not. You even have to let them warm up before any sound comes out of 'em :)

Tube amps give a really REALLY nice clean sound as well as vintage tones and all kinds of other cool shit you can do with sound and tone. I realize you guys don't give a shit but you love me and I'm REALLY EXCITED FFS!

AGH!

ok. Back to your regular programming!

I'll make a special GH Jam Sesh video once I figger out the buttons and knobs.

Nandy
11-15-2016, 11:54 PM
calvin krueger amp? I always wanted to have one!!!!!!

LJ3
11-15-2016, 11:57 PM
Nuttin that fancy. This is a Bugera two channel v22 amp. All I really need for basement jams. I use effects pedals to shape different sounds.

BarryBobPosthole
11-16-2016, 07:56 AM
If you've never played one, you should try a Pignose practice amp next time you're in your favorite guitfiddle store. They sound like little Marshalls.

BKB

Thumper
11-16-2016, 08:43 AM
I went to an estate sale about 6-8 months ago and one section of the (very large) house was crammed full of a vintage amp collection. I understand the guy was a single millionaire and LOVED his toys. There wasn't much of anything he didn't have from motorcycles/ATV's to exotic birds. He was evidently a music nut and had (current era) guitars, amps, drum sets, keyboards ... you name it, he had it. That place was the ultimate toy box! The large area in a different section of the house was nothing but collectibles. I remember the predominate amps were Marshall, VOX and Fender. There must have been 20-30 of them and all looked almost like new. I'm sure there were other brands I've forgotten. I do remember one called "Train Wreck" (???) Never heard of it but it really stood out to me because it had an all wood case and looked super cool. Really had that vintage look. There were also a couple old Hammond's and 3-4 Leslie's. If I'd had the money, I could have gone crazy in that place even though I really don't know squat about any of it. In the "collectibles room", the walls were covered with acoustic guitars like Gibson, etc. They were hung on the walls like artwork. It was a really interesting place and kind of out in the woods on a very large piece of property. I understand he came down with some sort of cancer and passed early ... like his early 30's if I remember correctly.

LJ3
11-16-2016, 10:31 AM
If you've never played one, you should try a Pignose practice amp next time you're in your favorite guitfiddle store. They sound like little Marshalls.

BKB

I've played a couple pignoses. They put out a lot of sound for a practice amp. I have a little zoom modeling amp I use from time to time but that's gonna become my acoustic amp, I think.