PDA

View Full Version : From out your way, Phole and Trav.....Tahlequah, Oklahoma

Big Muddy
11-18-2016, 10:33 AM
I got a buddy who's a body shop repairman in Tahlequah....he says it's pretty common, this time of year, to have 25-30 deer-strike vehicles per month in his shop.

This one tried to get inside. ;)

You boys need to do more hunting !!!! ;)

Bwana
11-18-2016, 10:36 AM
Ouch, that looks painful.

BarryBobPosthole
11-18-2016, 10:38 AM
Pretty country down that way around Talequah. Its in the foothills of the Ozarks and not very far from there is an elk herd that is protected. Also the headquarters of the Cherokee Nation. My uncles used to take us boy cousins camping and fishing down there on the Illinois River the week after our family reunion. You need to go visit your buddy! There are lot of deer down there yes.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-18-2016, 10:41 AM
Yep, it dang sho looks like !!!

Do the Cherokees sell permits to hunt on their reservation, like some of the tribes do in Colo., and other places???

Thumper
11-18-2016, 10:50 AM
I saw a car in Canada that had hit a moose ... it looked more like it had hit a Mack truck!

I also remember we had a new Cadillac towed into the shop in Memphis many years ago that had hit a cow on the highway. The guy had just bought the car about a week or two earlier. We were storing it until the insurance adjuster could come in and officially declare it totaled.

BarryBobPosthole
11-18-2016, 10:52 AM
There aren't any reservation lands for the Cherokees. There is lots of public land down in that area. Most of it is very huntable but can get pretty crowded. There is a state owned WMA down there that attracts most of the hunters.

BKB

on edit there isn't a reservation in Oklahoma. I think the eastern band in North Carolina has some reservation land. The ones they force marched out here on the Trail of Tears were given lands they personally owned when they got here.