Thread: 2016 Deer Camp

2016 Deer Camp

A small group of deplorables and one conscious objector
    https://youtu.be/Ywzah9Gw2wU
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Someone needs a haircut

He needs to wear a hair net when he cooks.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

One good thing that came out of it is now when Mrs Captain comes down to the SC farm and helps me clean up if she finds long hair around the house I can blame it on Posthole.
    Before she always accused me of having Rachel over.... 2,3,4....

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    A small group of deplorables and one conscious objector.
    Well, he's conscious until he has a bit too much cherry juice ... but I believe you were looking for "conscientious objector".
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    A couple of us might have dozed off in our cups for a few minutes here or there. However, only a certain Nancy-boy actually appears to have lost consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Well, he's conscious until he has a bit too much cherry juice ... but I believe you were looking for "conscientious objector".
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I was conscious till I hit the bed! It counts, effers!

A couple more songs on the guitar and I'm pretty sure Cheryl would have come back home with me. Just sayin'.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

My guess would be, if you'd played a couple more songs, she would have GONE HOME!

Funny story. The first time I met the Captain was waaaaay back in the old AO days. In fact, he was a lieutenant at that time ... as I said, waaaaay back! (Which begs a question now that I think about it, why don't we call him Chief these days?)

Anyway, back to the story. I went up to the Florida house one weekend to meet the dufe. He'd invited me up for the weekend, but hey ... this was back in the mid-90's when EVERYONE on the internet was actually an axe-murderer. I DID take an overnight bag with me, but when I arrived, I hid it behind the seat of my truck so I could use the excuse I had no change of clothes or toiletries in case I needed to escape and go back home. Now mind you, I had no idea what this dufe looked like and all I knew was he was married with a son and daughter (all were to be with him). I proceeded up the stairs and knocked on the door. Cheryl answered the door and the first thing that entered my mind was, "WOW! ... "Larke's daughter is HOT!" I made an instant decision I'd be retrieving my overnight bag from my truck.

Then, once I entered the house, LITTLE (and I mean LITTLE) David and Meredith were watching tv and that's when I realized that Cheryl was actually Mrs. Larke! (sooo disappointing) There was also some FUGLY dufe sitting at the table. I figured he was the gardener waitin' to get paid for cutting the grass or sumpin' and Larke would appear from the back of the house at any minute with a checkbook in his hands. Shortly after that, I learned the ugly truth.

All kidding aside, the Plylers are some of the bestest people (and hosts) that one could ever ask for and I sure value ALL of the friendships that have been established over this here internet that Al Gore invented. It's been quite a ride!

Bite me. I'm the best thing that every happened to that little gal...

You'd better just cross all your fingers .... AND toes ... and hope she never, EVER visits an optometrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Bite me. I'm the best thing that every happened to that little gal...
    She sure does seem sweet on you. It's puzzling. A great mystery of the world!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Sure was a good time! I just wish we'd had more food and corn liquor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I felt like an under-contributor this time. I'll make up for it next time!

As an aside, I added a Martin D28 to my Amazon Christmas wish list in case anyone falls in to a barrel of money

Len, bought myself a Martin DX 1 for a retirement present.a lower priced Martin but God what a sound.

That D28 actually changed how I play the guitar. I tried to explain it when I was drunk but I don't think I did a very good job of it. Damn corn squeezins!

Who the hell brought the D28 to deer camp?

Let's just say I practically begged him

Quote Originally Posted by Booger View Post
    Who the hell brought the D28 to deer camp?
    Posthole.

Posthole = My Hero