Back in about 1973, when Trav was a tadpole in his daddy's sack, there were five of us that lived in a big two story frame dump of a house in Stillwater, Oklahoma. Our landlord, Mr Williams, was an old dude who always wore a suit when he came by to collect the rent and had a blue, no shit, blue prosthetic arm and hand. Some artistic types had lived in the house before us and there were psychedelic wall murals all through the house. There were two of us who weren't in school, and the other three guyswere students at OSU. With five guys there, there was always a party of some kind going on. It was a cool time and the stories from those days are legendary. I know of at least two parties where my roommate and good friend Steve ended up trading cars with somebody. We weathered ice storms, tornadoes, floods,and numerous girl type hangers on there. I was a dry wall finisher then and worked at a DX station on weekends, back when we wiped windows and offered full service. Man, Fridays when the coeds all headed home were awesome in warm weather. I cleaned windows extry good then.
So, tomorrow Julie and I meet up with three of my four old roomies and their wives from those days and we'll spend New Years with them and they all head out Tuesday. The other one died this summer. We don't keep in touch much so it'll be strange to see them all. We called ourselve 'freaks' in those days, which was supposedly cooler than 'hippies'. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. We've all rented cabins at Keystone Lake and I spent today smoking meat on the BGE in prep for it. Pork butt, baloney, ribs, and two chickens.

I'm the only one that's still a freak. There's a civil engineer, a telecom tech, an exec for an AV company, and me. We'll see. Can't help but be a bit ansty. I'm taking a bunch of liquor and have twisted up a few
just in case I need reinforcement.

Pray for me. If you'll pray for those damned redskins you gotta pray for me.

By the way, I loaded that BGE with charcoal amd wood chunks at 10:00 this mornimg and smoked meat till 8:00 and never had to add a lump. That thing is the tits.

BKB