Thread: Beats Working...

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

Beats Working...

One of the nice things about fishing when others don't want to play outside is that you can have the water basically to yourself. I kind'a like that. I also love the fact that we have open water around here year-round thanks to a few dams on the Missouri River. The only bummer about this whole thing is that it took place on my first day of Christmas vacation from the school. I woke the next morning with the flu and got knocked off my feet hard for the remainder of the break. In fact, I'm still pretty sick but managing to survive at work...barely. I suck at being sick and I will be really glad when this passes all the way through my system.

These fish are so darn nice looking in the winter and boy do they ever fight! Caught on a marabou jig.

The markings on these fishing really vary.

What cold winter's day would be complete without my favorite kind of brownies? Actually caught this one on a glass minnow jig instead of a marabou.

Long skinny guy. I can certainly think of much worse ways to spend a cold winter's day.

Man, what pretty fish! Problem is, that looks COLD!!!

Regarding the flu ... I'm curious ... do you get flu shots? I get one annually and have never had the flu. I figured it would be a "must have" at school with all those germ spreading students walking around.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Thumper, I rarely get a flu shot. When I was in basic training I had a severe reaction to the flu shot and it pert near killed me. It was bad enough that I was medically discharged from the military, and I still have respiratory issues from it to this very day. I expect I will have them the rest of my life, and I predict it will be what eventually kills me if I don't die in an accident or something first. So needless to say I'm pretty gun shy when it comes to flu shots.

Nice fish Troy! Come by and pick me up next time!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Very Nice!
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Wow Sky! I guess you're between a rock and a hard spot regarding the flu shots! Man-o-man, you work in a virtual petri dish at school, yet you can't do anything about it. That's a tough spot to be in. Hope you're feeling better soon.

I got the back break flu from a flu shot I got in the Air Force. Nothing permanent though. But I think they used to test stuff on us in the military back then before they released it to the public.
    Considering how many people I know already this flu season that have had full blown flu I'm considering getting one this year.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

That's cool on so many leavels.
    I remember the days when you use to get board.
    They went something like this...
    IMG_4704.JPG
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I think ol' Cappy's been hittin' the hooch. He lost me. Anybody know who he's talkin' to?

nice fish... congrats... Hope you get to feeling better soon

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure it's BS as he used to post pics like that when he as bored at work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Pretty fish and pretty country! You on the other hand.....dang!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk