Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Go Cowboys

Say what we want about NE but I think Belichick will go down as one of the best NFL coaches to exist. It ain't just because he had Brady. He's found ways to win with every conceivable kind of personnel challenge that could befall a coach and always found a way to not only deal with it, but win consistently and journey deep in the playoffs in most cases.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Belichick is a day'um smart coach....too smart to be trusted....he's a known cheater....I wouldn't trust him to scoop up dog sheeit.

And, he never smiles....to me, anybody who never smiles is either a total azzhole or hiding some sheeit....the WSJ stated that from Oct. thru Dec. 2014, they did a survey, and he was photoed only smiling a total of 7 times....grumpy ole turd.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 01-16-2017 at 07:25 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    Belichick is a fucking genius and love him or hate him that is undeniable, He's a freaking Sith Lord of coaching. Do I think he will look for and take every atvantage he can hell yes he will but that is what he is paid for. Anybody that can consistently win with bad apples, UFA's and players past their prime is a great coach.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    Belichick is a day'um smart coach....too smart to be trusted....he's a known cheater....I wouldn't trust him to scoop up dog sheeit.

And, he never smiles....to me, anybody who never smiles is either a total azzhole or hiding some sheeit....the WSJ stated that from Oct. thru Dec. 2014, they did a survey, and he was photoed only smiling a total of 7 times....grumpy ole turd.
    Wait... is Belichick really QA?!?!?!? HOLY SHIT!!!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Yep, he's a day'um genius....a grumpy ole cheating turd genius.
    Southern Gentleman

Is he Lombardi good?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Maybe, but Lombardi did it the hard way....and honestly....sorta like comparing Roger Maris to Sammy Sosa, and his corked bats.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 01-16-2017 at 09:27 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar

Go Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Is he Lombardi good?

BKB
    Probably better since there is free agency and player movement now compared to when Lombardi was coaching.

This is coming from someone from Indiana where he and the entire Patriots franchise are despised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

I guess I didn't know Sosa used corked bats. I know he likely used substances that are now banned (but weren't then). So now he's labelled as dishonest?

I think the are a couple of coaches that have out coached Lombardi in the modern game. I'd put John Madden in there with him. Madden has a better won loss percentage and record, but Lombardi won a lot of league championships and two Superbowls where Madden only has one SB ring. But given their circumstances I think Madden was just as resourceful and inspiring as Lombardi was.

Another was Don Shula. Infinitely better than both.

BKb

IMG_0529.JPG
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Belichick is a fucking genius and love him or hate him that is undeniable, He's a freaking Sith Lord of coaching. Do I think he will look for and take every atvantage he can hell yes he will but that is what he is paid for.
    Anybody that can consistently win with bad apples, UFA's and players past their prime is a great coach.

I am just going to necro bump this to say I was right.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Brilliant minds. Me, you and Billy boy.