Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Cheeto Bandito Don't Know Shit About Latin Folk

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Executive order thing does piss me off. I didn't like when O used them and I don't like them when T is using them. On the liberal side everyone was all for them though, and same for the conservative......Funny how when the pres is pushing ones agenda he's the king...but when pushing an alternative agenda he's a tyrant

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    Chicago's gun problem is Indiana's fault. At least according to President Obama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've never ever said Obama was right about anything. About all I've ever done here is defend the bullshit about what he's really done and hasn't done.

Here's exactly what he said, in quotes.
    "There are those who criticize any gun safety reforms by pointing to my hometown as an example. The problem with that argument, as the Chicago Police Department will tell you, is that 60 percent of guns recovered in crimes come from out of state. You’ve just got to hop across the border."

Now instead of getting your panties in a wad about Indiana, what is the correct statistic for guns seized by the Chicago PD? This is their statistic, not his. So lets sift the pepper from the fly shit a minute.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I know they aren't actual military troops, but you are tossing semantics.....So, at Ole Miss, you don't consider U.S. Marshall's to be "federal" law enforcement???....
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 01-27-2017 at 02:00 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    Executive order thing does piss me off. I didn't like when O used them and I don't like them when T is using them. On the liberal side everyone was all for them though, and same for the conservative......Funny how when the pres is pushing ones agenda he's the king...but when pushing an alternative agenda he's a tyrant
    Agreed, exactly my point. And are the congressional GOP leaders bitching about his executive orders?

Prediction: They will eventually when they impeach his fraudulent ass.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    So, at Ole Miss, you don't consider U.S. Marshall's to be "federal" law enforcement???
    Why yes, yes I do consider them federal. Would you have preferred Ole Miss stay segregated? and they had nothing to do with enforcing crime in Mississippi. It had everything to do with enforcing federal civil rights laws.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar

The Cheeto Bandito Don't Know Shit About Latin Folk

Here's what he told Anderson Cooper as quoted in the Indy Star.

"The problem is, is that about 30 percent, 40 percent of those guns are coming from Indiana across the border, where there are much laxer laws," Obama told CNN's Anderson Cooper.
    "Folks will go to a gun show and purchase a whole bunch of firearms, put them in a van, drive up into (the Rev.) Mike Pfleger's neighborhood on the South Side of Chicago where his parish is, open up the trunk, and those things are for sale."

If the lax laws in Indiana are the cause of Chicago's violence, why isn't all of Indiana just as violent?

Instead of focusing on the guns why don't people focus on the causes for the violence?

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Hahaha, actually, I wish they'd made a day'um parking lot outta Ole Miss, Oxford, and the entire Lafayette County area !!!
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 01-27-2017 at 02:11 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Chicago's gun problem is Indiana's fault. At least according to President Obama.

Too funny. New York's is supposedly Virginia's fault. At least according to the mayor of NYC. Funny we don't have a gun violence problem here.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post

Prediction: They will eventually when they impeach his fraudulent ass.

BKB
    If he commits "high crimes or misdemeanors" while in office he should be impeached. Unlike what Maxine Walters believes you can't just impeach Trump because he may have conspired with Putin to call her "Crooked Hillary".

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Here's what he told Anderson Cooper as quoted in the Indy Star.

"The problem is, is that about 30 percent, 40 percent of those guns are coming from Indiana across the border, where there are much laxer laws," Obama told CNN's Anderson Cooper.
    "Folks will go to a gun show and purchase a whole bunch of firearms, put them in a van, drive up into (the Rev.) Mike Pfleger's neighborhood on the South Side of Chicago where his parish is, open up the trunk, and those things are for sale."

If the lax laws in Indiana are the cause of Chicago's violence, why isn't all of Indiana just as violent?

Instead of focusing on the guns why don't people focus on the causes for the violence?

We agree on that Deputy. This is one of the prime reasons that gun control laws in given states or cities don't make any sense. But this is a rabbit hole, and its where we always go. deflect to some other crap.

Regardless what Obama did, sending federal troops under a federal mandate into Chicago is about fifty times dumber than Chicago not thinking through their gun laws. And highly illegal too. Now if the governor wants to ask Triump for help, that's another story and I'm fine with it. He basically THREATENED Chicago with federal intervention.

His other executive orders? This is rich. Anybody that's worked around pipelines knows that the safety of them is not 100%. The protesters have a right to be heard on this too. Otherwise, if its that safe why is it routed the way it is?

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...lons-of-diesel
    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/24/canad...inal-land.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.211cac1b58e6

These in just the last month. You want this shit in your bnack yard?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

BBP I think we agree...It's bullshit and both sides are so polarized to their agenda that they detest Executive Action when it doesn't benefit them.

The sad part is, executive actions by presidents are really a symptom of a congress full of buttholes who think partisan ideology ismore important than running the damn country. but we didn't kick them out. We elected this asshole. That fixes approximately nothing.

Just for the record, Obama issued fewer executive orders than the last two sitting president. Less than George Bush 'W', and fewer than Bill Clinton. So its not like Obama hit us with a huge wave of them.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

He's got a pen, and he's got a phone....hmmm, where have I heard that one???
    Southern Gentleman

He did fewer but the margin is pretty irrelevant. I looked it up yesterday and it seems like Bush / Obama were a few off of each other, bush was lower than Clinton....At any rate they were all really close.

Exec Orders seem stupid when viewed pragmatically. One dude writes them, the next dude erases 'em. Use our established constitutional process to make them reality. Much harder to erase that way. I do fully support undoing everything Obama did with exec orders, though. If Trump uses them as temporary measures and pushes congress to get it done, he will have my full support.

all this consternation isn't going to do anything except make people unhealthy with their BP and what not.

I voted for Trumps dumb ass because I thought he would be a bull in the china shop and piss off people on both sides of any issue. So far, so good. he's doing exactly what I thought he would.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    To quote Shakespeare, "Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." Well, maybe not nothing. But, an awful lot of typical political window dressing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.5ad5dd18904d
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

He and his supporters certainly have stuck a lot of sticks in a lot of eyes.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Yeah, I wish they wouldn't but I'm not sure his administration as it sits right now has any other game plan than sticks, eyes, and smacking the bulls ass.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

They remind me of 12 year old me, when i used to shoot our bull in the balls with my bb gun.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

That could be the most accurate metaphor I've heard so far and I'm not entierly sure he gives two shits which animal gets the ball shots. donkey or elephant!

the governor of Mississippi decided he was going to thwart federal law and lkeep Ole Miss segregated despite losing a Supreme Court decision.
    BKB
    Exactly like governors and Mayors setting up cities that thwart federal law by not recognizing the illegals living there.
    WHICH IS VIOLATING FEDERAL LAW!
    It is 1000% percent the same thing. Your inability to see it is the issue.
    Why was it OK to strong hand locals in the 60's for refusing to obey federal law and not OK to do it now?
    Oh, I know.... Democrats did it back then so it was "right" How did I miss that?
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

You might want to check your alternative facts there, Hawkeye. Sanctuary. cities, and there are 60 of them, are not illegal. What they are is. deciding what to do with illegals based on mainly what they're able to do. Any person caught in the US illegally, by law is allowed a court hearing for a judge to decide what to be done with them. The courts that hear immigration cases are backlogged for years. So cities have to decide what to do with them while they are awaiting their hearing. They could imprison them, but with our jails and prisons already jam packed they decide to release them AFTER they've satisfied whatever punishment they've earned if they. were picked up for a crime. So if they got thirty days for whatever, they serve the thirty days just like everybody else, pay whatever rine, and then like everybody else they're released until its time for them to show up for their hearing. Sanctuary cities really have no other choice if they are in an are with a lot of illegal immigrants. I suppose we could put them in concentration camps. Is that what you'd prefer?
    Charlotte is a sanctuary city, and I know your friend the former governor tried to make it illegal and last I heard they looked at it and dropped it. Why? Because sanctuary cities aren't harboring criminals. They are trying to manage this fucked up immigration process he best they can. Fix the process! This ain't that hard!

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Because sanctuary cities aren't harboring criminals.

Go tell this girls father that bullshit!

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) had issued a detainer for Sanchez requesting that he be kept in custody until immigration authorities could pick him up. As a sanctuary city, however, which limits cooperation with ICE only to cases where active charges against the immigrant are identified, San Francisco did not honor the detainer and released him.

At 6:30 p.m. on July 1, 2015, Francisco Sanchez allegedly fired three shots from a .40-caliber handgun at Pier 14, a tourist attraction area at the Embarcadero waterfront district. One of the bullets struck Steinle in the back and pierced her aorta. She collapsed to the pavement while screaming for help to her father Jim, who was accompanying her at the pier. Jim Steinle performed CPR on her before paramedics arrived and took her to an ambulance. She died two hours later at San Francisco General Hospital. Sanchez was arrested about an hour after the shooting at Pier 40, about one mile south of Pier 14 and divers from a police boat found the gun in the bay alongside Pier 14, the next day. Following his arrest, Sanchez was booked into San Francisco County Jail on suspicion of murder.

The gun used by Sánchez had been stolen in downtown San Francisco from a Bureau of Land Management officer's personal vehicle on June 27, 2015, according to the Bureau of Land Management. The car's window had been broken.

So you aren't a criminal if you knowingly violate a law? Or do you have to be caught and prosecuted first to become a criminal? Before that you must be just a scofflaw.

Sanctuary cities have nothing to do with the legality or not of them. Sanctuary cities just don't have the resources to enfroce the federal laws. in your city, do you lock up and detain every illegal immigrant that you pick up? And hold them until their hearing?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

If someone we arrest is determined to be in the US illegally we contact ICE and let them know. We can only hold them on the local charges unless the Feds place a detainer on them. Once that is done we do in fact keep them locked up until they are picked up by the Feds. However since local LE cannot enforce federal statutes we cannot hold them if the Feds do not place a detainer on them.

Then you're doing the same thing as sanctuarycities. Exactly the same. They only hold them if ICE produces a warrant for them.

Tell me how that is looking the other way at a felon.

San Fransisco didn't knowingly let go of a felon wanted for anything. Blaming sanctuary cities for a crime like that poor lady's murder is more Trumpian horse shit, Airbud. You've provided no suggestions at all for what city police departments are supposed to do with all those people.

And Larke, so Trump strips federal funding support from 60 large American cities. And it almost has to come from law enforcement funding. This is your solution for helping law and order? Here's a hint: this will never happen. What us senators or reps are going to let that one get through congress? More Trumpian horseshit.

Fun to talk about though.

BkB
    BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Not exactly right. Sanctuary Cities won't hold people even if there is a detainer in place. They are refusing to cooperate with ICE. Here is a quote direct from a CNN article about them.

In 2015, more than 200 state and local jurisdictions did not honor requests from Immigration and Customs Enforcement to detain individuals, ICE Director Sarah Saldaña testified before Congress, and a subset of that group refused to give access to their jails and prisons to ICE.

If the number is 200 then I'd say Trump has his tiny little hands full.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!