Thread: Swearing NSFW!

Swearing NSFW!

It does a body good. I've tried to swear less here, sometimes successful sometimes not.

Found this humorous and interesting.

BKB

http://www.sciencealert.com/swearing...say-scientists
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Hell, fucking, yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I tried to tell you fuckers.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

So now you guys have forced me to have to put a NSFW tag on my thread.

Swearers are more sensitive too.

FuckinA right they are.

BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Didn't science tell us the polar ice caps were melting and we were headed toward another ice age and climate change was real?
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    Didn't science tell us the polar ice caps were melting and we were headed toward another ice age and climate change was real?
    Well, yeah it did.

Which reminds me. How is it that we need our schools to produce more kids ready to go get a Natural Sciences or Engineering degree, and yet we don't want to believe that stuff we'll have to teach them in order to get those degrees?

Is there some kind of logical wormhole in space time here or wtf?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

It's really difficult to separate the facts from a well funded agenda in the world of science. Tends to make one somewhat skeptical
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Well then, that's a conundrum. So we don't trust science teachers in public schools to teach science without an agenda?

I'm really more curious than anything mainly because of the so-obvious contradiction. In my state, and entrpreneur moved his small aerospace company to a small town in south central Oklahoma. And he's bitching because he says its hard to get people, engineers mainly, to move there to work because of the quality of the local public school. So he lobbied successfully at the capital to start his own charter school that he says will produce engineering school ready high school graduates. So the town of Seminole gets a charter school funded with public money that is to be run by a company from Texas and will have no accountability to the elected school board of the town where the students live. This is done under the guise of school choice. I did a little digging on the company that will run it and one of the things they teach in their charter schools down in Texas is creationism and they teach that climate science is 'unsettled. I guess biologists and meteorologists aren't important, just engineers.

The contradiction to me is how do you deal with the contradiction?

Or maybe, it is just all a sham? Do we think public schools are that horrible?

BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

Heck, I went to public schools and look how I turned out!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    'Nuff said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

There's not an answer for that question Barry. I don't necessarily think that teachers are agenda driven as much as it is the curriculum they're given. I've never given much thought as to who mandates this but I doubt teachers have enough say to have agenda. I was thinking of science on a much higher level such as research and development. The one funding such research almost always has an agenda and the outcome of the research or at least what is released to the public will be favorable to the funding party. Thus my skepticism
    Albert Einstein

The findings and understandings just in the fields of physics and biology alone since 2000 make the gulf between creationism even wider. Now, instead of creation in seven days its 'intelligent design', which is fine too I guess. Regardless of which is right, we have to figure out how to settle what is and isn't the truth. Its an age old quest. Hell, we can't even produce an accurate history without an agenda. What makes science exempt?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I think your liberal agenda is showing again
    Albert Einstein

I think you are all full of shit.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

...as a Christmas turkey!

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    I think your liberal agenda is showing again
    Well hell... If that opinion makes BBP Liberal I could be in serious liberal trouble!

Crap!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

As a conservative voter, we have the right to define what is liberal as we see fit and is subject to change at any given time. Liberal voters don't have this prerogative. Just assume you're always wrong. Just the way it is
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    I think me and Barry are much the same by just being curious about life and where mankind really came from...

Heck...If there is an almighty creator then it is he who gave be that curiosity ability in the first place.....

Did I say that^ right?...lol

Quote Originally Posted by airbud7 View Post
    I think me and Barry are much the same by just being curious about life and where mankind really came from...

Heck...If there is an almighty creator then it is he who gave be that curiosity ability in the first place.....

Did I say that^ right?...lol
    Hey! Yep! And would an all knowing Allmighty only give us part of the answer and then make us take a gamble with our eternal souls among 999,999,999 religions to choose from? And if we get it wrong, we find -to quote Jethro Tull - that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Another thing Barry...I bet we both agree that Jesus did live 2017 years ago and that he was a cool dude that would give you the shirt off his back!

Hey old Buddy