Thread: Jim!

Viva Renaldo!

Ha ha! Yeah, I've seen things like that before. Shit-Disturbers make bogus bids to run the price up to ridiculous levels, then bail out. Some just close their accounts (and I assume open new accounts under a different user name), and some retract their bid. I just looked at the bidding and there are 22 bid retractions or cancellations so far. Many of those show as "non-registered" which means they closed their accounts. Most likely, kids who opened a bogus account just to play the game. I've never experienced that sort of thing personally, I think it generally happens when some silliness enters the picture ... especially when it makes national news like this one. Until the dust settles and a legitimate bidder pays for the thing, there's no telling what it actually sold for ... that is IF anyone was actually placing serious bids. I don't think there's any legal recourse, I believe eBay just issues a negative mark in the bidder's history. Internet trolls don't really care. In comparison to "our" era, it's kinda like the modern day version of prank phone calls.

Who knows, one of those high dollar bidders on down the line might have made a serious bid. I guess time will tell.

Of course there are a a bazillion prank listings now. There are Cheetos that look like "insert goofiness here". There's one that just looks like an ordinary Cheeto and listed as a Harambe turd.

Here's one listed as, "Harambe the Gorilla private part - Cheeto Rare and One of a Kind"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain