Thread: Hunting accident----something smells bad....

Hunting accident----something smells bad....

There's a sentencing hearing, coming up about a father who shot and killed his 16 yr. old son, in a hunting accident....it happened last year at our federally-owned Delta Nat'l Forest, not far from here.

It happened, during the either-sex deer season, and the father confessed that he had not identified his target, and was simply shooting at "movement in the bushes", thinking it had to be either a buck or doe deer....supposedly, the son had gotten down from his deer stand, and walked to meet his father, when the rifle shot was fired, and struck the youngster, center-mass in the chest.

The feds said their investigation revealed some inconsistencies, during his questioning, which has since led the father to plead guilty to manslaughter....he is now, awaiting sentencing.

Sounds like the father has something to hide, but without a trial, it'll never be revealed....there's no way in h3ll I'd plead guilty to anything, if I knew I wasn't guilty....jmho.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 02-08-2017 at 01:41 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Yep, something is rottenin Denmark.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Agree^....If I were to accidentally shoot one of my kids I would go so nuts/crazy I would probably shoot myself.

is he pleading to voluntary or involuntary manslaughter? That should answer the smell test.

Involuntary would just be grossly negligent... I think.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    If he is guilty, I hate to say it, but his kid might be better off than being stuck with someone like that. Every day I am around children that are abused by adults. The children are generally helpless. In some cases dying young would be a bigger blessing than a daily living hell. Granted some kids rise about their environment and end up okay down the road, but that's more of an exception than a rule anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    is he pleading to voluntary or involuntary manslaughter? That should answer the smell test.

Involuntary would just be grossly negligent... I think.
    IDK, Len....there's suppose to be a press release from the feds, in a few days....I'll update ya'll, when it comes out.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by airbud7 View Post
    Agree^....If I were to accidentally shoot one of my kids I would go so nuts/crazy I would probably shoot myself.
    QA, that actually happened a few years back, in another case, down here....a grandfather accidentally shot his grandson in a similar manner....he phoned for help, and when the medics arrived, they found the grandfather had shot and killed himself, also.
    Southern Gentleman