My wife and I are casual friends with another couple and they are both Marine Biologists. They work at the VA Beach Aquarium. They go out almost daily and do marine studies on certain fish, marine life, take tests off different waters, tag fish, turtles, seals, etc etc. They are nice people, both very smart, and absolutely love their jobs. I’m actually jealous of them as I think their jobs are supercool.

ANYWHO… back to the story. A baby humpback washed up last week in VA Beach. Hit by a big ship. 4 or 5 big cuts in it’s back. Apparently the little feller decided to breach at the wrong time and WHAMMO.

I saw it on the news last Wednesday I think, and saw the husband out there on the beach helping with the Necropsy.

That brings me to last Saturday… when we saw them last. I mention (AS A JOKE) “so I saw you got to help filet that big old fish earlier this week, I bet that would fill a few freezers!”. AGAIN – a JOKE.

You would have thought I said their first born looked like Thumper. They both REALLY took offense at my statement. Wife almost cried, saying “poor thing was just 2-3 years old, bla bla bla”.

So, I learned two things.

1) They’re pansies and can’t take a joke
2) Apparently you aren’t allowed to eat a whale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk