Thread: Going for two...

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

Going for two...

...national championships that is.

Saturday at noon my alma mater, North Dakota State University is playing Sam Houston State in Frisco, TX for the NCAA Division I championship. This game is a repeat of last year's game and I am hoping the results are the same as well.

Go Bison!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Watched it last year. Might not this year with a rugrat around, and packing to take him home Sunday, but I'll try.

I graduated from one of those, too.......University of Central Arkansas. Wannabe bigs, but not. They play good football, enjoyable to watch.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

????

Sorry but not following you Bucky.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Um.........I also graduated from a Division II school that plays sports.......and plays them like they want to be a BIG Div I school. You said Division I in your post, but it's really now called the "FCS Series", or Div IA. It used to be Division I and Division II, and N. Dakota State and UCA and Sam Houston and those guys were Division II, but they simply renamed the nomenclature.

That's how I remember it happening.

The Division I championship is Monday night. Division III is non-scholarship, and they have had theirs. This is IA, or II, or FCS, or whatever the heck they are calling it.

I might be off base some on my numbers.....but it's still a notch below true Div I, like Alabama and Notre Dame Monday night.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I'm thinking you are correct Bucky.

Thought that might be where you were going but wasn't sure.

I will watch them Bwana and I'll be rooting for the Bisons! Go Thundar the Wondar Bison!

BKB

Thundar rolls!!!

The Bison are now 2 for 2 in Frisco, Tx.!!!!!