I've gone over to the dark side where fishing line is concerned. I think I have one rig set up with flourocarbon line. The rest I have spooled with braid. My particular favorite is Sufix for both types of line but that's just a personal preference. I think I've tried Spiderwire once and didn't care for it so I've really only learned to use one brand. And I'm an old effer, that probably also explains the brand loyalty to what brung me.

I'd always tied on about a seven foot leader of 6-8 pound flouro, mainly as a 'shock' leader but also because I think the flouro is harder to see. And again, probably mainly because that's the way I learned to do it. And a big reason has been because braid is a little tougher to tie and trim and so on and you can just bite the tag end off of a flouro knot (yet another bad habit).

Fishing wish Larke this past December taught me a couple things. He fishes with no leader and seems to do just fine. No broke rods. No missed hookups. Fish are still dumber'n hell.
One other thing is BPS makes some handy little clippers that are handy as a pocket on a shirt and they also cut braid like its butter. So I've been tying direct lately with no leader. Parts of it I like and other parts I'm not sure of. I definitley fish smaller and lighter lures than Dufus so a smaller diameter leader helps sometimes. So now though I have another division amongst my fishing rigs, leaders and no leaders. Frack!

So there's five minutes you won't get back but it is kind of a quandary. Or maybe I just need a couple more rigs.

BKb