Turkey hunting is probably my favorite season. Most of the key for me has been locating them early AM before sunrise or preferably the night before right after dusk. A lot of people use a hoot owl call, I'm not a fan. The issue I have always had is a hoot owl doesn't carry very far and if there's any wind or you've got a decent bit of ground to hunt its hard to locate quickly. Because of this I started using a coyote howl call, I had one that I used coyote hunting but honestly used it more locating turkey than anything.

Generally I go out at dusk make stops on the property. If I get a gobble back I leave it alone. Locating them on the roost is probably the most important so you can be in the right place early in the morning. Once those gobblers come out of the tree there's going to be one thing on their mind, if they get hen'd up before you start working them with a call its going to be tough.

My two favorite calls are a slate and a mouth call. I use the slate again because it is louder, if I get one heading my way and they get closer I switch to the mouth call. One I can use that without the use of hands, and two as they get closer there's less movement.

Final thing I'd say is decoys, I always use them. If for nothing else they've provided a lot of excitement. I've had a coyote put the sneak on a decoy....I've also had a jake puff up and start drumming around a decoy.

Basically what BBP said above