This Wednesday is boat spring cleanup and maintenance day. It will mark the first time I've ever had the cowling off of my engine, a 225 Merc EFI, since the day I bought it. in 2000. I've never changed the lower unit oil, never replaced the water pump impeller, and never checked any of the fuel filters. Its also on it original set of spark plugs. All I've ever done is put gas in it (lots and lots of gas) My stepDad, who can fix anything in this world, worked on outboards for a few years at a boat place (he had NO experience with boats or motors when he was hired) He told me once that once in a while you get 'one of those engines' and I guess I got lucky.

Speaking of luck, all of that stuff gets done this Wednesday plus I need to bleed the steering. I'll let you know when I read the meter how many hours the motor has on it.

My only question right now is if this will change my luck. I've definitely been pressing my luck going this long.

Oh yeah, I have a brand spanking new Garmin 73sv echomap gps/locator to install. That'll for sure jinx me.

BKb