Thread: The great MS bear affair....

The great MS bear affair....

I've only got a sketchy account of how these two guys, recently got busted, killing a bear....MS doesn't have a bear season, and they are VERY well-protected, here....the DOW has a bear restoration program, and extensive studies are conducted to enhance their population....some folks are just stupid.

"""Hunter #1 shot the bear with an arrow, and tracking ensued. Hunter #2 shot and killed the wounded bear. Both parties transported the bear to a taxidermist, who accepted the animal for skinning. The problem for the violators was the bear had been implanted with a tracking device. The tracking device alerted the DOW that the bear was traveling at 72 mph up Highway 45, then turned in the driveway at a taxidermy studio. The GW's showed up at the taxidermist studio, nearly at the same time as the violators, and after a relatively brief discussion, all violators were pretty much out of any options of fabrication."""

> Hunters---fined $1,000 each---$3,330 in restitution---loss of hunting privileges for a year---four months home confinement---one year probation.

> Taxidermist---loss of hunting and taxidermy privileges for one year---he was ordered to mount the bear, at his own expense, and donate it for educational purposes.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Man, I'm surprised a taxidermist would go along with this. Around here they're sticklers for having your game check information on file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

They aren't regulated too closely, here, Chick....however, I'd say 99% of them are honest about their trade....it's that other 1% that give the rest a bad name.....pretty sure, in this case, close friendships were involved.
    Southern Gentleman