IMG_0579.JPG

As for me, yes, unfortunately probably more times than I'd care to remember. I took a party boat out of Clearwater, Fl once where we were underway like five hours out to the edge of the continental shelf, fished an hour or so, and then rode back five hours. With fifty effing other fishermen. I think the operators might've brought along two cases of beer. It was gone by 8:00 AM. And I paid for this trip. When the boat would stop, they'd yell 'Rods ready!' and everyone in their little effing space would hold their rods out straight over the side of the boat, and then they'd yell "Drop 'em' or some such nonsense and you'd release the spool and drop whatever it was they'd baited it with, I don't even remember, to the bottom, a humdred feet down. Then up three cranks and stop. My buddy hooked a big bonito and it wrapped every line from him on back, bled like a stuck hog, attracted sharks, and fucked up the entire spot so we had to move. It was a horrible excuse for fishing. People effing loved it.

And that ain't the only time I've fished elbow to elbow with others and they were about as much fun. Seemed like a Friday topic.

BKB