Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Outdoor thing?

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    None of you have followed the rules. I'm making my surprised face.

Thump- eating at an outdoor buffet
    Posty- grousing about neighbors Bradford pears while cleaning his pool
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Egghead View Post
    BBP, we need to hook up some time and share stories and experiences. Our retirement is being planned mostly around diving! I was trying to stay on track in the thread, but I believe that single activity is going to align with other outdoors preferences, particularly fishing and biking. I think diving can be done well into advanced ages...
    You need to show up at our next fishing extravaganza and we can swap stories!
    Where is your next dive? Ours is Placencia, Belize in June.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Diving requires lungs. Something I'm lacking...
    I'll look at yalls pictures.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Thumper eating at an outdoor buffet would not be an activity, it would be an event worthy of selling tickets to watch.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Where is your next dive? Ours is Placencia, Belize in June.

BKb
    Unsure, but my wife is getting antsy for a trip - probably Bonaire as that's (so far) where we're also planning on spending part of our retirement. But first, we have a 20th anniversary trip to Italy coming up in May/June - still trying to work out timing with my new job. We're going to get Lionfish certified on our next diving trip, for sure - that is part of what I envision spending my retirement days doing. Are plans coming together for the next fishing extravaganza?

Seems like lionfish are everywhere in the Caribbean these days. Are you seeing them in Bonaire? The past three years we've visited St Lucia twice and Antigua once. We probably killed 6-10 lionfish per dive. I even spoke once to the dm about spending more time looking for other critters and less time hunting frigging lionfish. Both places have egular lionfish tournaments now and are encouraging local restaurants to put them on the menu. What a mess that whole thing is though, to use an Orangeism.

I loved Bonaire and its double reefs. What a place to retire! Do you have a favorite outfitter there? Have you dived Oil Slick Leap? My dive buddy and I did giant strides off the cliff and only used the ladder for our exit. It was so cool to back our pickup right up to the ledge almost and sit on the tailgate and gear up. My wife wasn't so fond of the beaches. What food too! A place called Cactus Blue stands out as an awesome one although I think it was some kind of drink they served that makes it stand out more to me.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

STOP IT!!! You guys are stirring up my travel jones! Dang it, now I'm gonna be exploring ol' Al Gore's internet to see what sort of adventures are lurking out there. I wish I were rich ... I think I'd reserve a permanent cabin with a nice cruise line and see if I could talk them into a "hop-on, hop-off" option!

I'm looking at an Asian excursion the beginning of next year ... Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, N. & S. Vietnam and China. But that's a dang year from now! I need a filler for this year 'cause I just don't think I can wait that long between trips. Thanks for nuttin' ... I foresee my eBay account getting drained soon.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Drinking beer while watching others fish!

I agree with Thump, you retired people get your own thread. It's throwing a dark cloud over those of us who are tied to a desk working for the man.

Hell Hombre, you live where I'd die to go on vacation.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    I get to see most of it from the inside of a building.....so Oklahoma / Washington all the same inside a building. There are some perks I guess.

Poor thang.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!