Thread: Let's go fishing they said.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar

Let's go fishing they said.

It'll be fun they said...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    And that my friend is why I always wear glasses of some king when I fish.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    mercy.... I don't know if any of you guys are familiar with Larry Woodward (ScentBlocker's Most Wanted and Outdoors in the Heartland).. He and I met a hunerd years ago when we did a video for a hunting preserve.. Very first time I fished with him.. very first cast he made - he took my hat off with a Pop'R.. He was pretty embarrassed.. told me had just gotten a 7 1/2' rod.. I told him, "That's alright.. I'll be sitting back here on the motor if you need me." Been lucky - I have only had one hook go in past the barb and that's only been a few years ago. My 80 year old Dad slipped it out of there slicker'n a gut with the old line loop trick. That, by the way, ain't gonna work on the above pic...
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Been there. When I was a teenager my best bud caught me in the face with a big pike spoon. One hook just under the eye and a second in the cheek. Had to ride my bike one handed (holding the lure with the other) miles back to town so the Doc could get it out. Not fun and I still have the scars.

If you fish long enough, it happens.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!