Thread: hasn't happened since 1990

hasn't happened since 1990

When I moved to Angola IN in 1990, I learned about deer hunting as a culture. Was hooked pretty much instantly. That first year, I froze and shot nothing.
    The following year: 1991, I shot my first deer. Every year since I have shot atleast 1 deer. Some times, the deer was not very big, but I got one. This year- nada, zip, zilch! I had a couple chances, but passed.
    Once waiting on Luke to get a shot, once it was not legal shooting light, and the third chance: I was not sure if the doe was a doe or just a big button buck: it was walking with a very small yearling. Spent winter break trying to get a shot..... saw a few, but not in shooting range.
    Guess Luke's button buck will have to stretch us for a while.
    I did see 2 nice bucks still alive for next year!
    Only had 1 stand stolen this year, and no footprints from the boys next door tramping to my stands like in years past.

Hot, those "boys next door" would get their azzes whipped, if they tried to pull that sheeit, down here....prolly worse, if they got caught stealing a deer stand.
    Southern Gentleman

CAn't prove it was them- just a hunch, (usually correct)..... I call them kids, but they are mid to late 20's. You guys know the type: "Sneaky"- or at least think they are, but don't fool anyone. Always have an excuse.....
    Didn't trust or like them as students, like 'em even less as adults.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    You make it sound like a good year if only 1 stand is stolen...that right there would PISS me off. Sorry you have to deal with that sort of crap if you want to hunt. I say build a tiger pit under your stand next year so as to detour the a-holes.

I admit that I was hot about the stand being stolen. I noticed it over a month ago so I'm over it. Wasn't a fancy one. Heck coulda been my own wayward son. I will talk to the land owner this next weekend when I get him a load of wood and some deer meat.