Thread: Tech quershun for you GH gurus....

Tech quershun for you GH gurus....

My Dish antenna at the lakehouse got fubared into little pieces from sheeit flying everywhere last weekend....so, we won't have any tv service for a while.

My internet/wifi service was not interrupted, so I assume we should still be able to, at least watch Netflix on our iPads.

My tv is wifi compatible, so my quershun is, will I, at least, be able to get Netflix thru my tv???

Note: I'm not there right now to try it out....just wondering.

Thanks.
    Southern Gentleman

Just checking but you get internet over cable and tv over Dish Network? Only reason I ask is most people bundle.

As for your tv, does it have apps? If it does, then if you have internet you can get whatever the apps you have, Netflix likely being one of them.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Most TVs these days come with internet based apps on them. Netflix, hulu, amazon, etc. If you know how to get to your TVs seetup menu you should be able to tell if it has those options. If it doews, you should be good as long as wifi is still working.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Yes, Dish for tv service and cable for internet service....Dish internet service over there only allows very small bandwith usage, then you hafta buy more, after you've used up the minimum monthly allowance....that sux.

Cable internet service over there is unlimited bandwidth usage($26 per month for sr. citizens), but their tv channel inventory sux.....and, we don't need/want a landline phone there, so no bundling.

And, yes, there are several apps already stored on the tv, Netflix being one of them, so it's sounds like we're good to go for this weekend, for watching Netflix.

Next quershun....I know we can stream ESPN, etc. on our iPads, so what would I need to do to stream from the iPad into our tv???
    Southern Gentleman

If you got internet there, all you need is a jailbroke firestick and you would have more then you get with dish,...
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    If you can't stream directly to the TV, you might be able to stream to your iPad and display it on your TV if you have the right cable and hookups. I've seen my kids do that on our TV.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

You got that right, Chick....wish my grandkids still lived close-by....they'd have this thing up and running in no time.

Cap, whatchu talkin' 'bout???
    Southern Gentleman

There should be a 'store' app on your tv. Go there and look for theespn player app and then download it.
    you'll have to go to a site with a code the app will give you to activate it.
    if you have espn on Dish, then it should be free on the app. The activation process ensures oyu don't pay twice for the same service.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Gotcha....I tried it here at home, and it came thru just fine via the laptop.

Thanks, Tpost.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Yea...what Posthole said^....$26 per month for cable internet is very good price too.