Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An unpopular opinion, I'm sure

He needed his ass whopped a lot worse than he got.
    Rule #1 it ain't your plane, dumbass
    Rule #2 Police tell you you're going, the option of how is the only choice you have.
    Rule #3 If you screw up and make a bad decision on Rule #2, see Rule #1
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Dao was arrested in 2003 as part of an undercover operation. Two years later, Dao was convicted on six felony counts of obtaining drugs by fraud and deceit and in 2005, he was sentenced to five years probation. Dao was also convicted for writing prescriptions and checks to a MALE patient in exchange for sexual favors.

In February 2005, Dao surrendered his license to practice medicine in Kentucky.

Honestly, I don't give a single F about his character or what he's done in his life. It's not relevant to what he did and what he got in return. though, an argument could be made that it was a lovely karma sammich for him

post-50779-its-called-karma-and-its-prono-wtCM.jpg
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Ha ha ha Airbud! You just got busted and lost quite a few noticer points with that last post. Man-o-man, that official G/H Noticer badge is slipping farther and farther away! (See my post on 4/14, 8:41 pm)

He's never gonna get any of the badges worthy of envy at this rate.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    I don't need no stinking badge...

You fuckers remind me of the old curmudgeons that sat around the barber shop bitching about protesters back during the Nixon days. In fact, a lot about these times remind me of Nixon days.

I guess what you all are saying is that civil disobedience should be answered with institutional violence. And the slimy fuckers deserve what they get.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Uhhh, yeah ... pretty much.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Posty the copper: "DROP THE GUN AND GET ON THE GROUND!!!!"

Scumbag: "F-you!!"

Scumbag: "Kiss my ass fuzz!!"

Posty: "Ok, just put your hands up ... I'll come get the gun from you!"

Scumbag: "Can't make me!"

Posty: "Will you pleeeeeease .... pretty-pretty-pretty please just set the gun down gently and talk to me?"

Scumbag: Eat shit Pig!"

Scumbag: "DO IT ... and I'll sue your swine ass for bazillions!"

Posty: "Ok buddy, you can go on your way ... have a nice day, but try not to shoot anyone else with that thing."

Scumbag: I will if I want ... what'cha gonna do about it?"

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

That's not what happened in this case. You're rationalizing shit that is wrong so you'll feel better.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

There is a time and place for everything Posty. If he felt he was wronged by having to leave the plane he could take it to court.
    I always like those folks that wanted to try the case on the side of the road while I was giving them a fast driving award.
    Those were the ones I remembered come courtday. When theirn attorney asked for a reduction I fought it. Anyone that did not give me lip, I always told their attorney anything you can get the DA to agree to I'm fine with.
    So I guess the only people that have to obey a lawful request are the ones that don't object. Right?
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Nope, I have no issue at all with making people obey lawful requests. Its that I don't believe that broken teeth, jaws, sinuses, and bouncing a 69 year old man off of an armrest is fucking necessary in order to do that. Is that part of le training? The man was passively resisting. Is breaking bones part of le procedure for passively resisting people who've not been charged with any crime? Is that what we epect of law enforcement?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Yes...
    If that's all you "saw" that he did then yes, because reality is not with you so I might as well tell you what you are going to hear anyway.

I suppose then you'd be as satisfied if it was a 69 year old woman?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    There's big difference between legitimate political protest and self-entitled asshole. You're trying to compare this guy to MLK or Abbey Hoffman which is quite a stretch.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I'm not comparing him to anybody. I'm not talking about civil disobedience. I'm talking about passive resistance, which is what he did. And y'all are saying passive resistance merits anass beating. I just disagree. And I ain't gonna change your mind and you ain't gonna change mine. This shit ain't that hard that it requires a beatdown.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Come on, man. Civil disobedience? You're too smart to believe that. I call shenanigans!

So it OK to hold up an airliner that cost thousands to just sit there on the runway, it's OK to make all the other people have to wait, it's OK to make all the other people uncomfortable having to listen to you holler, it's OK to buy a ticket and agree to the companies policies that state sometimes flights are over booked and you may have to be pushed to another flight, it's OK to tell the police I ain't gonna do what to lawfully told me to do, take me to jail. It OK as long as you act like a peaceful asshole to inconvenience all those folks without any recourse.
    Makes perfect sense to a liberal. To me it's batshit crazy and he needed his ass whooped no matter his age.

Passive resistance to what end Posty? Just have everyone just sit there until he gets tired in a day or two and decided to get off the plane? Or give in to him and make someone else give up their seat?
    What you gonna do, just sit there for hours?
    Best thing to do is tell all passengers the plane ain't leaving until the stubborn Asshole leaves, then walk off after about an hour there would be a couple of rednecks chunk his ass out the window!
    So you are good at saying what should not have been done, tell me how it should have been handled then. How would YOU have gotten his ass off the plane?

I'm not saying he shouldn't have been removed. I'm saying they could have done it without giving him a concussion.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Monday morning quarterbacking a job/duty you have never had to do....
    He could have walked off with his noggin intact. HE chose not too. See Rule #2

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    and the airline could have resolved this issue with absofuckinglutely no violence by offering ALL passengers enough money to make it worth someones while to relinquish a seat that they had bought and paid for. It was a stupid way for them to react and I hope the abused passenger gets many millions. They need to be taught a lesson and money seems to be all they understand.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    So after he pushed it to the point that United called the police in the officer came on board and without saying a thing to him grabbed ahold of him and beat him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar

An unpopular opinion, I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post

I guess what you all are saying is that civil disobedience should be answered with institutional violence. And the slimy fuckers deserve what they get.

BKB

Another name for this type of civil disobedience is passive resistance. This wasn't a sit in at a diner because blacks can't sit at the counter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DeputyDog; 04-18-2017 at 08:24 AM.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

No one bought and paid for a seat on that plane. Only the airline company ever paid for those seats.
    Someone rented a seat for a few hours and agreed to company policy and contract that occasionally a flight is overbooked and they may need to be moved to another flight. He showed his ass and got it spanked.
    That dufe didn't buy and pay for anything on that plane....
    I hope he don't get a dime.

And I noticed Barry did not say HOW he would have removed the dufe.

No, this was a person who was passively protesting the actions of a company. Your only argument obviously is to make mine seem like something it isn't. You tell me what actions justify knocking a 69 year old man's front teeth out, causing him sinus injuries, and giving him a concussion? What did the police accomplish by those actions that they couldn't have done without inflicting those injuries?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

HOW WOULD YOU HAVE REMOVED HIM??
    for the eleventhteen time.

He was not passively protesting the actions of a company. He was refusing the abide by his agreement with the company and holding up an entire plane load of people.

I'm not a cop, but I do know they receive training in how to do stuff like that. I imagine three officers could handle a 69 year old man without injuring him, giving him a concussion, breaking his nose and two front teeth out. He wasn't even actively resisting. You're trying to imply it isn't possible. And these weren't Chicago police, these were aviation security guards who aren't even allowed to be armed.

Here's the statement by the Chicago Department of Aviation who run the security... “The incident on United flight 3411 was not in accordance with our standard operating procedure and the actions of the aviation security officer are obviously not condoned by the Department,” Pride said in an email.

I guess they thought it was possible to do this without injury aswell.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!