Thread: Excited and terrified

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

Excited and terrified

I've lived in the same rural town my entire life (pop 500-600). I have my house paid for, all my vehicles paid for, a comfortable job and a church where I was raised and attended forever. My wife and I have a good social standing in the community. I've been there 60 years.

I'm going to move and it's scaring me to death yet I'm excited at the same time. Only about 65 miles but a lifetime away from everything that makes a home. I understand how Abraham felt when God told him to pack up and leave everything.

The place I'm going is even smaller than the place I am. Not a single gas pump, store or school for ten miles. Arkansas's version of Montana. Wild game a plenty, many places to fish, two minutes from the grandkids. Finding a job may be tricky, people aren't beating the bushes for 60 year old diabetics. I'll drive an hour one way until I do.

Wish me luck, I'll need it
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Sounds like grandma had to be closer to the grandkids!

Good luck with the move! That's when you'll find out just how moved in that old place you actually were!

And congrats! Where you moving to by the way?

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Good luck, QA. 60 isn't too old to pick up roots and transplant yourself even for an established white oak tree.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Little community called Saratoga. About ten minutes from Millwood lake. 20 minutes from Texarkana
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Beautiful country down there. I've always wanted to fish Millwood.
    BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Sounds like the long drive could give you plenty of thinking time. Thinking of where you're gonna fish next since you have no place to fish where you are now. I understand the fear part, though. I keep thinking about pulling up roots now to another state and I get excited, and terrified.

Good luck to you in your new place!

You should put your taser qualifications on your resume when looking for a new job. Never know, you could wind up with a dream job!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Might be closer to the truth than you know Len. Thinking about applying for a security job.

Posty, if you do, better have a good a charge on your trolling motor battery. Millwood is the windiest lake in the country cept maybe one of the Great Lakes
    Albert Einstein

Wind? I was fishing with a guy in the back of my boat last week that talked so much he blew up a 40mph wind!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Au contrare, my brothers.....Chicot has got to be the windy-ess lake in Ark.....a bean fart will make it white-cap.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Wind? I was fishing with a guy in the back of my boat last week that talked so much he blew up a 40mph wind!
    hahaha....now thats funny right there^

Good lock on the movin'!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    I know what you mean, I keep thinking about moving but can never commit to it.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post

BKB
    I surprised you could feel the wind, the boat was sitting so low in the water cause some dufe forgot to put the plug in...
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Best of luck qa. You'll do just fine plus it sounds like we should be expecting more hunting and fishing pics from you in the future.