Thread: Thank you, LEO's.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thank you, LEO's.....

An LEO posted this, and I think it is very appropriate....thanks to all of you !!!

"""I have pulled dead, mangled bodies from cars.
    I have lied to people as they were dying.
    I said you are going to be fine as I held their hand and watched the life fade out.
    I have held dying babies. Bought lunch for people who were mentally ill and haven't eaten in a while.
    I have had people try to stab me. Fought with men trying to shoot me.

Ben attacked by women who have had the shit kicked out of them by their husband as I was arresting him.

I have held towels on bullet wounds.
    Done CPR when I knew it wouldn't help just to make family members feel better.
    I have torn down doors, fought in drug houses. Chased fugitives though the woods.
    I have been in high speed car chases.
    Foot chases across an interstate during rush hour traffic.

I have been in crashes. Been squeezing the trigger about to kill a man when they came to their senses and stopped. Waded through large angry crowds by myself. Drove like a mad man to help a fellow officer. Let little kids who don't have much sit in my patrol car and pretend they are a cop for their birthday.

I have taken a lot of people to jail. Given many breaks. Prayed for people I don't even know. Yes and at times I have been "violent" when I had to be. I have been kind when I could..
    I admit I have drove to some dark place and cried by myself when I was overwhelmed.
    I have missed Christmas and other holidays more than I wanted too.

Every cop I know has done all these things and more for lousy pay, sucky hours and a short life expectancy. We don't want your pity, I don't care for your respect. Just let us do our jobs without killing us.. please.

Thank you.."""
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Thanks Muddy, stole this an posted it on my "facebook" for my LEO son
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

That line of "I don't care for your respect" seems a bit assholey to me. Maybe it's just me. I dunno.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

SOMEONE always has to be the sand in the Vaseline.

Done all the above and more except chase someone across a busy interstate at rush hour.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Done all the above and more except chase someone across a busy interstate at rush hour.
    And, I betcha would do THAT, if they were stealing some of your hoot-juice.
    Southern Gentleman

Perzactly
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Great Post Big Muddy!

The county sheriff where I live will always win the election...He truly cares about his Job!

He is like Trump in these parts.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Well said