Thread: Best Suspender type Life Jackets?

Best Suspender type Life Jackets?

Any brands that stick out as better than the rest?

Any tactical ones?

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    I know we discussed this briefly - but I'll reiterate. I bought a Scheels last year.. Though I'm somewhat vertical challenged I have kind of a long torso and the strap that comes around the "waist" hits me right on the ribs.. Also the Velcro where the seams comes together is like sand paper and will chew up a nylon fishing shirt. I am sold on the suspender type jackets (I fish by myself a lot and stumble around the boat like a drunk) - but I'd look for something different than what I have. You soon get to where you forget you have them on.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Have you field tested yours at all? Just wondering how much attention I should pay to 'lift'.

Now why did an old image from 12 year old me pop into my head of Jayne Mansfield talking about lift and separate in a tv commercial?
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I haven't.. I know I should but refills are 30 bucks.... They say you should every year, or so.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Just remembered.. the guy who sold it to me (about 6' 235) said he tested them for the store. Said he popped to the surface like he was shot out of a cannon.

lol, that sounds like a plus! I just ordered a Cabela's brand as they have a pretty good sale going on now.

Hell, if its like being shot from a cannon, I might buy a re-arm kit just to try that. (Hold my beer and watch this!)

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Could you please wait till Me or LJ are around so that shit can be recorded.
    We could fund the site off the proceeds from that clip....
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I'm always glad when I can be of service to others.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    I bought a couple of Mustangs back when I had the boat and was happy with them. Pretty comfortable to wear even on hot days. Did you order the self inflaters or the manuals?

They say they do both. And they also say they won't go off in the rain. Which wasanother one of my questions.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Yeah, going off in the rain would be a big problem out here, fer sure. I think you actually have to totally submerge them before they pop. They are about the only lifejacket that I can wear all the time as they don't get in the way.