Thread: Where I've been....

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar

Where I've been....

To keep from hijacking any threads I thought I'd just make a thread to reintroduce myself. Its been a long while since I was a regular.

Last time I was around a lot was when I was in Chicago, at Argonne. I loved it there and the friends I worked with. But when Chrysler finished up the project we were left high and dry. No funding. Has to move on.

I passed over a job with Harley to take one at a large atv and snowmobile company. I loved my work but they pulled the plug on the research end and laid me off.

I was embarrassed. Humiliated. Whatever. Especially after turning down the Harley job. Went into a hole tbh. Anyway I went to work at a different ATV and snowmobile company. Loved the people there but wasn't a fan of Minnesota.

To make an already long story less long I ended up landing my dream job. I'm getting ready to start as a professor back in WV. My wife loves it here and we're looking around to buy a small farm or build on some land.

They moved the college to a small city about 25 miles from my hometown so I will be living in the same place I grew up in. It's almost unreal how things worked out. Anyway that's why I disappeared. After the bad stuff I just didn't want to talk about it. I know many here can relate.

Life is really strange sometimes.

Will

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Welcome back. Not much different here. Bucky quit coming around a year ago or maybe a bit longer.

Funny how life works out sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

One quick question. Is it a coed college?

Do they still call them coeds?

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Great to see you back Penguin! We been wondering about you...
    Don't R-U-N-N-O-F-T no more!
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Be great to have you back.. my supply of "will" quotes is dwindling.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Willie! What a great surprise to see you drop by! So cool that you ended up back at WV as a Professor. Pretty sure most of us can relate to your journey but what a beautiful circle it formed for you.

I'm still good looking and humble, Jimmy still talks about wimmin he's never had, and Posthole keeps us on our toes after his morning bong hit and coffee. He's retired now and rubs it in when he can
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Chilly Willy! Glad to hear you're in a good place. Don't be a stranger...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Welcome home sir.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Hehe. Thanks folks I am glad anyone actually remembers me!

Yes it's a coed college. And I'm sure I'll have both young men and women in my classes. Teaching thermodynamics and engine design. Exactly what I wanted where I wanted it.

Know the best thing? That after floating around for so long I can actually settle down for good. If my luck holds I will actually have a place to plant an orchard grow a garden hunt a deer or whatever. Heidi and I are just thrilled.

Will

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    That is so cool Will.....And an excellent Fourth of July post to boot!...Yee Haw!, everybody doing good!

Edit: I hope Thumpers AC unit don't break down today...
    Last edited by airbud7; 07-04-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Of course we remember you, dufus!

In your absence I've had to step up to being the smartest person here and, quite frankly... it's not been a good look for us
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Of course we remember you, dufus!

In your absence I've had to step up to being the smartest person here and, quite frankly... it's not been a good look for us
    Maybe the most accurate statement made since penguin left
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein