Thread: Just day'um.....I gotta case of Thumpitis....

Just day'um.....I gotta case of Thumpitis....

Thump musta jinxed my a/c, when his went out, last week.....about 10:30, last night, I was watching a Blue Blood re-run, when I heard a loud roar behind the house for about 5 seconds, then, total silence.....in the back of my mind, I already knew what it was because my outside Rheem heat pump unit is over 20 years old.....but, man, has it ever been a good one, and very energy efficient !!!

I walked behind the house, and sure enough the breaker was thrown, and the unit would not power up, after I reset the breaker....house started heating up, and sleep was hard to come by, the rest of the night.

My a/c guy showed up, early this morning, and sure enough the compressor is fubared.....it would be senseless to replace the compressor in a 20+ year old unit, so he's headed this way with a new one.....and, while I got him here, he's gonna replace the inside air handler, too.....it's 39 years old, and got some occasional annoying rattling in it.

I thought the price was pretty good at $4500 lock and key, including tax.....anybody wanna buy a tractor, bushog, or a date with my cook???
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Good deal Muddy!....if you think the old one was energy efficient wait till you see the new one!

I recently upgraded an AC unit, hot water tank and refrigerator all of which are bigger and my electricity bill went down...led light bulbs everywhere too...

Well, my a/c guy worked his azz off in this 96 degree heat, trying to get my new outside unit hooked up, but darkness caught up with him, and, he was absolutely worn out, too.....I told him to just wait 'til, this morning, and get an early start, while it's somewhat cooler.

We were invited to sleep over at several friends homes, and we shoulda accepted.....sometime during the night, I think the heat welded my cajoles together.....I will never attempt to sleep in a house without an a/c in this MS July heat/humidity.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 07-26-2017 at 08:23 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

They don't have a no-tell motel in your area?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I know what you mean Mudward! I think we went through two nights and had discussed going over to Lynn's hotel, but they were completely booked all weekend. Considering it was Memorial Day weekend, we were lucky to get it fixed as quickly as we did. Luckily, my tab was only $255.00!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain