Thread: Muzzleloader Question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar

Muzzleloader Question

We took my Mom out to dinner tonight. She's been cleaning out the last of my step father's things and passed along to me a couple of his muzzleloaders. He was a huge black powder shooter and really got me into it. (The monthly silhouette shoot at my gun club is named after him as he dedicated so much of his time to BP shooting at the club.). Even though I was grown when they married, we were very close and I'm incredibly honored to have these keepsakes.

The first is a .45 caliber TC pistol. Can't wait to shoot it and I think they just opened our ML deer season to pistols. It would be super cool to take a deer with a ML pistol.

The second is a beautiful curly maple rifle a good buddy of his made for him. The only markings are his friends name and a date. It's got some nice gold inlay and some neat carving in the stock.

Any advice on figuring out its caliber? The bore is definitely smaller than the .45 pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chicken Dinner; 08-14-2017 at 05:37 AM.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke