Thread: Anyone else getting wet???

Anyone else getting wet???

Day'um, this has been one wet summer.....especially, July and August.....just since Aug. 1st, we're approaching 12 inches of rain.....normally it would be a welcome relief, but I'm already hearing reports of both corn and soybeans sprouting on the stalks, which is horrible for the farmer's seed quality at the elevators.....and, from all indications from the weather ho's, it ain't gonna improve for another week.

Most of this mess is coming from QA's and Tpost's neck of the woods.....thanks a bunch, guys.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar

Anyone else getting wet???

Not that wet. But, we're 4-5" up for the year. Our August has been exceptional as well with lots of temps around 80 with low humidity. In fact, I can't think of a nicer August here. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chicken Dinner; 08-14-2017 at 07:22 AM.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Trying to wash away the stink left by Hugh Freeze
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Ha, it's gonna take a day'um flood for that, QA.....and, just think, if those two little words("We apologize") had been spoken by the Ole Piss athletic dept. to Nutt, and Freeze would still be there.....I'm certainly not a Nutt fan, but all Nutt wanted was an apology for their accusations(as well they should), Freeze's phone calls to the hookers woulda never been discovered.....karma is h3ll, ain't it !!!
    Southern Gentleman

Our little town has had 55-inches so far this year. The ANNUAL average is like 49-50, but that's apples and oranges as our winters are the dry season and will bring the present average down. We DO need the rain though ... at least we DID until recently.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Driest August since 1979.. Got 30 acres of corn on a sand knob across the road that won't be worth running the combine through..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Hide, I'll gladly send you some moisture.....talked to a crop ins. agent, yesterday, and he's already got lots of claims being filed for sprouted corn and soybeans on the stalk.....my area has bumper crops ready for harvest, and the rain is relentless.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Wish we did have rain. Montana is experiencing a terrible drought and fire season. I haven't seen clear skies (because of the smoke) or a decent rain since the middle of June. Down right depressing around here.

Sky, I don't know which is worse, flood or drought.....no place to put all the flood water, so it backs up.....then, on the other hand, a drought sucks everything dry, including your enthusiasm.

It's sorta like the difference between winter and summer.....personally, I much prefer winter, as I can always find more clothes to put on.....however, in the summer heat, I can only take off, just a certain amount of clothing.

Weather is always just a catch 22 proposition.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Raining again here today. Just heard from the wife that the roof has sprung a leak and there's water seeping into the unfinished basement. Oh, the joys of an older home.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    BM it is a catch 22, but lots of rain doesn't kill off the fish. They have been dying by the thousands around here. Water and oxygen levels have dropped too low. There is a reason I haven't posted many fishing photos this summer. Plus with the extreme drought the #%$@ rattle snakes are all hanging around any water they can find. Other than June this summer hasn't been much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Raining again here today. Just heard from the wife that the roof has sprung a leak and there's water seeping into the unfinished basement. Oh, the joys of an older home.
    Wait .... is that TWO leaks? Or one?

Ha, Sky, come on down here, we can set out a trotline in my front yard, and tie it between the crepe myrtles.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 08-15-2017 at 07:37 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Storming like a mofo here right now
    Bkb
    Viva Renaldo!