Thread: Damn! Damn! Damn!

Damn! Damn! Damn!

I have an upcoming estate sale next weekend that has a SHITLOAD of Griswold Cast Iron as well as some old Wagner Ware. This particular sale is being handled buy a company that I'm very tight with, and the owner always gives me fantastic deals as he knows I have to have plenty of room for resale. He's always FIRST on my list of stops if there are multiple sales on a particular day. Anyway, he will NOT "cheat" and pre-sell anything as you can make some pretty bad enemies if somebody drives a bazillion miles for a particular item pictured in the ad, then is one of the first through the door, only to find the item is not there. Since the cast iron was shown in the ad, I'm sure there will be quite a few people going after the stuff. That said, I'm normally first in line at most of their sales, so I'm first through the door. In cases like this, he WILL tell me exactly where the item I want is located so I can make a bee-line for it while others are wandering around looking for the stuff. So, I have it all worked out. I'll get there early (as I always do) so I can be the first through the door, then I know exactly where I'm going to grab the stash! The perfect plan(??)

As you all know, Lynn and I go on quite a few weekend getaways. Since she has tons of hotel connections and we always get our rooms comped, we take advantage of it as often as possible. She used to call and ask me if we can go to (insert area here) on such and such day, and I finally told her, "Hey, I'm retired and have no schedule, so book a trip any time you want and we'll go!" She has a schedule of any Dr. appointments I have, so she can work around those. I have one in town today, then we'll be at the VA Hospital in Tampa all day tomorrow, then I'm open until sale day!

Well, I just received this email from Lynn and it appears we'll be heading to the beach on Wednesday morning. Damn, damn, damn! I think my "perfect plan" just went into the toilet.

Our Room Information:

KING BED OCEANVIEW NONSMOKING
    Rooms: 1
    Guests: 2 Adult
    Check In: Aug 23 4:00 PM
    Check Out: Aug 27 11:00 AM

Rate per night : 0.00 USD
    Total for Stay per Room Rate: 0.00 USD
    Taxes: 0.00 USD
    Total: 0.00 USD
    Total for Stay: 0.00 USD
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Bummer that you have to spend your time in SUCH a terrible way. Sheesh!