Thread: Thanks Bucky!

Thanks Bucky!

To you and your wonderful wife for taking time away from your long trip to meet me and buy my coffee this morning. It was very nice to meet both of you after all these years. Looking forward to maybe meeting again some day. Again, Thanks.

Ya' better look around and make sure he didn't leave anything behind. Ballcap? Needle-nosed pliers? Wallet? Meds? Sunglasses maybe?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Don't worry, I still have most of those here.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

He definately had his sunglassed but left his readers in the truck. At least "had" his wallet. Thumper, give me a holler when you get up this way. Would like to meet you and Lynn too.

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    Don't worry, I still have most of those here.
    You should hook up with TeeDub ... youse dufes could have a yard sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Tightline View Post
    He definately had his sunglassed but left his readers in the truck. At least "had" his wallet. Thumper, give me a holler when you get up this way. Would like to meet you and Lynn too.
    Will do. We'll be coming through late this Thursday night ... well, Friday morning I actually (Lynn's working Thursday) and we'll be heading straight through to Scottsboro, Alabama. We'll come back to Atlanta on Friday afternoon to check into the hotel (Hyatt in Alpharetta), and will be heading back home the following Tuesday. Are you going to be up toward Hotlanta? I hope to hook up with Mr. Co9 while there but it totally depends on how he's feeling. Otherwise, I have no clue how our timing will be on the I-75 return leg. I'll have my laptop and i-Phone with me so you can e-mail, text or phone. (863-712-7291)

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Just got in. 800 miles, only took 37 hours!

BOTH Memphis bridges were closed. GPS re-routed me through Gangville, almost had to shoot two guys pilfering my ladder and stuff in bed of truck whilst stopped at a standstill for hours in the middle of Ghetto. No lie.

Gave up, tried to drive to I-40 bridge, got off track. Went into gas station to ask direction. The guy that gave me directions wanted money for it. I left.

Gave up totally, spent the night in hotel, got up and headed home. Bridge open. But got 30 miles and hit sleet, freezing rain, 27 degrees, rain, snow, and any other frozen participating precipitation. Just got in.

I'm done. Stick a fork in me.

Good to meet Tightline. Straight up guy! Seems everyone I've met here is straight up. Something about this place..........course.......I still don't know what he does. I THINK I figured out he is a Loan Shark for the Mafia. Either that, or a Hit Man for the Wildlife Control Agency. I was real fuzzy on those details. Still, a nice guy, and drive a (nice) Chevy.

But the trip was a mess. 81 degrees when I left, 73 in S. Atlanta, 53 in W. Atlanta, 46 and pouring down all through Alabama, and then the Memphis mess. Hit freezing rain AL/MS border (is MS really only 143 miles wide, or did I fall asleep?) and it went downhill from there. Glad to be home.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.