Thread: We have power!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We have power!!!

The story of my life. I spend 2-1/2 hours in line waiting to get a couple cans of $2.69 gas, come home, fill the generator tank, get her cranked back up .... and 10-mins. later, the power comes back on!

Oh well, at least we have a/c now.

That said, this little jewel was worth its weight in gold. Thank you Hyatt Hotels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Speaking of the Hyatt, did they get much damage???
    Southern Gentleman

And here I sit in NC still got trees in the lines.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    And here I sit in NC still got trees in the lines.
    Maybe some of the power company trucks from Indiana that went to Florida will stop by on their way back and get you fixed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Muddy, no damage at all other than debris from the trees. They're surrounded by a huge building on one side (the Convention Center) and a high berm on the other (very large embankment for a highway overpass). I think that afforded a lot of protection from the wind.

Cappy .... AND a whole house generator!

Well, praise the.......er....power company.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Deputy, I ran up to Bass Pro Sunday to get a new crossbow cause mine flew all to hell when I shot that Doe opening day.
    I bet there was 20 plus power trucks in the parking lot of Bass Pro with Indiana tags. They were headed south and must have wanted to do a little shopping on the way down.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Dang Cappy, I bought a new crossbow from BPS quite a while back and never used it. Heck, I stocked up with bolts and broad heads, etc. and all of it has remained untouched. I even have a nice airline approved (not that you'd ever need THAT) case for it. I don't even remember what it is, but it was one of their "top of the line" cross bows at the time. Know anybody looking for one? Heck, I forgot I even had it! It's never been fired, other than sighting it in at the BPS range.

Ha ha! Duh!!! I just remembered, I sold it a few years ago on Craig's List! But, I also have a compound bow, same deal, bow, case and all the accessories. I brought it home, stuck it in the closet and never took it back out. Same thing, sighted in at the BPS range and it's never been out of the case since. Again, was top of the line at that time, no clue where it stands now. Anybody?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    What are the specifics on the bow Thump?

Well dang Bwana. Sorry, but I missed this somehow. I guess I was busy dealing with Irma and it got away from me. I see you posted this on the 15th and we were still without power at that time. I'll dig it out as soon as I can get freed up a bit and check it out. I'll let you know.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain