Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CFB week ten

As long as the entrants are decided subjectively by a farging committee it is still a mythical national championship I don’t care if they have 64 teams. Like the basketball championship. Its not a trie tournament when the entrants are decided subjectively.
    If you want a playoff, then set the criteria ahead of time and make the participants earn their way in by the same rules for everyone. No computers scoring, no committees, no nuttin. And if that results in a Mountain West - SEC final then fine. The way it is now the rules change every week in November.

And it all ain’t any more justly decided than the old system was. Its just decided by a committee so they can spread the blame around when they screw up. Last years picks were an abortion.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    As far as Wisconsin being in at 6 it probably is a inside job, you know Barry Alvarez is on the committee right but I don’t care I love the Badgers second only to the Sooners. On Wisconsin and Boomer Sooner!!!
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

tOSU’s AD is also on the committee so its a lead pipe cinch somebody is gonna get hosed regardless how bad it looks.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Just make it a tournament of conference champions like the NCAA basketball tournament when it was 16 teams. No at larges. Hell, the FCS has a true play off. How’s that work?

TBH, I had no issue with the Old
    Bowl system with the polls selecting the champion. This was whole argument was very predictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Just make it a tournament of conference champions like the NCAA basketball tournament when it was 16 teams. No at larges. Hell, the FCS has a true play off. How’s that work?

TBH, I had no issue with the Old
    Bowl system with the polls selecting the champion. This was whole argument was very predictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep!
    Viva Renaldo!