Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He wins..

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar

He wins..

Well, he just surpassed Bill Maher as my most disliked celebrity/public figure. Pelosi is still right in there, but she's just an idiot. This guy is smart enough to be sneaky.

I know this isn't a very informed commentary on the speech.. I won't deny it.. it's visceral..

I feel like I need a shower.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

uhhhh, Gene? WTF are you talking about? Who? huh? What'd they say? ANSWER ME?!?!?!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I'm telling you. I'm NOT a conspiratist or other b/s idiot.
    But the chasm is now uncrossable. We're headed for some bad stuff soon. The idiots have taken over the asylum.

I hate this.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    I'm not saying any names LJ.. I fear the black helicopters.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

We're not advanced enough in Oklahoma for helicopters. Its black suburbans here. Unless its a real high official, then its an escalade. With spinners.

BKB

23 executive orders, without even attempting to pass laws.

I hate big egos more than any other trait. But this is the biggest elitist idiot I've even encountered. I truly thought Slick Willy would go down in history as the worst at that. But he can only aspire to 2nd place now.

And how the people bow down!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Interesting.

Another group from Newton, CT is heard from:

http://news.msn.com/us/gun-group-chi...-cause-newtown

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    That's what scares me most about all this discussion. The fact that he said from the start that the proposals probably can't pass Congress, so he will just use Executive Order to do what he wants. So much for checks and balances.

I know he's not he first to use them and all Presidents do, but it still scares me with all the attacks that have been happening on the Bill of Rights in the past couple of years.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    I truly wish he had not been re-elected.

I truly wish he had not been born....in wherever.

I think I will bow out of you all's pity party.

Have a nice day

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Buckrub I'm sure the Jews feel the same way about Hitler in that regard.

I'm sure they do.

And I realize I don't pity the same things that other, more enlightened, folks do. I'm not very smart.

Here. Go 'sign' this petition to make Obama and his kids more safe.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...zones/6RDGkxLK

Just watched a video, explaining what constitutes an "assault rifle". Deadly stuff like flash suppressors, pistol grips, and collapsible stocks. Dumbasses!

And Posthole, you are one trusting soul. I hope your govt doesn't let you down. It's already let me down.

My second amendment beliefs are likely the same as yours. Beyond that my beliefs in the references to Hitler, the junior supreme court justices that have spring up everywhere in the country, and the general exaggeration of almost everything anyone tries to do to attempt to address the issues we have in our country may not be in agreement with anyone on here. Plus, I really don't think discussing my beliefs or disbeliefs with anyone moves anything forward on the matter. So, its best I just keep my bidness to myself on the whole thing.
    That doesn't mean nobody else shouldn't though.

BKB

Curmudgeon

You know, I think I was wrong about the "Obama's kids" thing. They are not at fault. They are way more at risk simply because of who their father is, and on reflection, I think the NRA ad about them is wrong.

And I admire Posthole's moderation. I wish I had more of it. I TRY not to be a "Sky is Falling" on everything, but when Obama surrounded himself with kids to make signing 23 "executive" orders sound like a great thing for all of us, the analogy is just too eerily similar to write off. I know, some folks, like Posthead, just cannot grasp that there is truly anything wrong. And I get that. I actually am 'fighting' some crazy radicals (in arguments) that see a snake under every rock. But this is just too much. It really is.

And I never have been very good at keeping my bidness to myself on anything. That's my shortcoming, I realize.

We are who we are, Bucky. No apologies required.

I think I may be too tired, or something. It's not apathy or a sense of powerlessness. I just don't care as much as I used to about political issues. I'm trying to figure out why but I'm not sure that THAT'S very important to me, either.

Can apathy be stress inducing?

They pure unadulterated hatred this issue has spawned disgusts me.
    BKB

Is nothing worth hatred? Not sure mine is pure and unadulterated, but I do dislike Elitists that are Ignorant. Worst combination of traits is Ignorance and Arrogance.

And this guy tops the list of all the people I've ever known about. Is that not worth some passion on my part?

I seem to remember you saying that you hated GW Bush, and would hate him even if he cured cancer. It seemed to me that belief was little, and beneath you, and unfounded. Yet you were passionate (for some reason). You thought him a liar, etc. Your hatred was justified.

Why is mine not?

I wasn't talking about you, Bucky. I was talking about the myriad of hateful reactions, including bringing the president's kids into the argument, cops stating they would never enforce laws enacted that they felt weren't Constitutional, governors who stated they wouldn't enfore federal laws passed by the congress or executive actions intitiated by the president, and the large of my Facebook friends who basically showed their asses publically. Its disgusting and dismaying. We've had an assault weapons ban before, and it didn't result in any meaningful drop in crime statistics that I'm aware of anyone ever publishing. It didn't stop Columbine. And it also didn't result in any meaningful infringement on our second amendment rights. Nobody took anything away from us. In fact, nobody that matters, including the president, has ever mentioned taking ANY weapons away from Americans. I actually support closing the gun show loophole, and I actually support background checks for mental health issues because I believe that we should first and foremost enforce the laws we have before we enact others. Clsing the loopholes in the current laws are part of that (IMO). I don't see arrogance or elitism in any of that. I also don't see it in any of the 23 executive actions he signed today.
    and if the right were at Bunker Hill, we'd have shot our muskets at the British before they got off their boats. This was much ado about nothing, stirred up by the NRA and the 'lamestream' media as you like to call them.

What Obama did was drop this grenade right in the laps of the Congress. that was about as surehanded a political move as I've ever seen someone make. Now let Boehner and his bunch deal with facing the Newtown backlash in congress. He's one upped them is what he's done.

BKB

May they all have rotten teeth, irritable bowels, and make bad investments.

I am so sick of Washington. I want the capital to be Omaha. Or Dubuque. Or Somewhere. Start over.

But he IS an elitist. I hate that part of him. I ask forgiveness if I said I hated him. I have no right to hate any man. But I hate his actions. Vehemently. Whitewashing them won't help me. He's a scoundrel, and he hates what I love.

P.S.
    I don't think there IS a "gun show loophole". At gun shows there are two types of booths. Private seller booths, and FFL guys. If the FFL guys make a sale they must abide by all registration laws just as if they'd have sold it at their store. The private guys do not, any more than if they sell a gun to their brother in law at home the next day. How do you want the government to enforce making Barry P. Posthole fill out the proper paperwork and ENSURE the proper background check for selling to Buckrub P. Deerslayer? Do you want to do that?

I want the government out of my life, is what I want.

And I want sensibility restored to common thinking.

Oh yeah, another thing. I'd settle for background checks on individual gun sales if we can have background checks on POTUS candidates!
    Last edited by Buckrub; 01-16-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Well, there is a huge gun show loophole. Guns transactions there should go through the same process any licensed firearm dealer goes through when they sell them. Its not difficult to find an FFL person when you want to sell a gun. That won't completely stop illegal gun sales, nothing will. But it makes no sense to not have the same rule just because its a gun show. You can still buy your throwing stars and samurai swords without a hassle.

BKB

You didn't answer my contention whatsoever.

I don't MIND a "gun show loophole closing".

But I don't see how to do it, and you didn't provide any way that I see.

I buy a table at a gun show. You buy a gun from me. Where is the FFL? If an FFL dealer has to be 'found', then A) FFL dealers will be the only folks at gun shows, and it'll just be a gathering of folks who already have to do the paperwork for ALL sales, wherever they are, and B) Private sellers will keep selling in the parking lot, newspapers, whatever, and not do any registrations. Are you actually and seriously proposing that private FTF sales undergo some registration process? Seriously?

What is the deal with registering a gun SALE anyway? What is there about a gun changing hands that makes everyone demand some registration? I have about 25 guns that are LEGALLY not registered. If I sell one to you, it's still not registered. If you make me go find an FFL dealer just to sell one of those, then I ain't ever gonna sell you one.

There IS NO LOOPHOLE to close. If there is, explain it to me in detail.

I don't see how you could ever have a check on person to person sales. But gun show sales aren't person to person. Its easy enough to get a FFL and there's no reason those folks shouldn't follow the same rules. Since you like analogies, its the same thing as saying its okay to practice medicine without a license as long as its at a doctor show. Look, none of these deals are 100%. But it'd be a big improvement. There's no way of knowing if criminals buy guns at gun shows. And anyone who says they know is lying. But its a big gap.

BKB

GUN SHOW SALES ARE VERY MUCH INDEED PERSON TO PERSON.

I already said that. There are TWO types of booths at these shows. One is FFL dealers. NO CHANGE for them. Gun Show, or Store, same/same. I admit that. It is the truth. It is what they do.

The OTHER booth IS INDEED PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS, not FFL dealers. So the only way you can make them change their sales tactics to get registration involved, and background checks involved, is to REQUIRE THE REGISTRATION OF EVERY GUN IN THE WORLD. Sorry to holler, but some folks are just dense. Trust me, I know dense! So, if every gun is NOT registered (as it is today), then there is NO Gun Show Loophole. If there is, please tell me exactly what it is.

OK, the 'hollering' is tongue in cheek. But to me, discussing this with you is like discussing it with my liberal friends. You guys just seem uninformed, and don't get it.

(Man, it's great to find SOMETHING that I know that you don't! This has made my day! *beaming*)

P.S.
    I just found out that the ATF won't even do a background check for an individual.............

Forget it. I'm tired of arguing about it. so there is no gun show loophole. You're right. Sorry for taking up your time.

Seriously, you are deranged.

BKB