Thread: Impeachment???

Impeachment???

Hearing a lot of talk about impeachment proceedings from the Texas legislators against Obama, if he cranks up his executive order machine.

Do ya think he is backing off the executive orders because he is so vain that he doesn't even want his name mentioned in the history books, as having had impeachment proceedings filed against him; whether he's found innocent or not???...just wondering.
    Southern Gentleman

Honestly, I think Texas will be viewed as polticial buffoons and Obama and his ego couldn't care less. Kinda how it is right now. I mean no disrespect to my texans brethern!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

His ego is why I'm asking about this....I don't know, Len, I think his ego is SO big that he would avoid impeachment proceedings, at ALL cost.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Wouldn't matter.

Senate wouldn't convict.

It didn't hurt Slick Willy one bit.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Not saying they would or would not convict....just the idea of the proceedings being filed against him.

Just saying that I don't think his ego would allow his presidency to be tainted by even the hint of being impeached....that, in itself, would be in the history books, regardless of whether he's convicted or not....I don't think his ego would allow him to stand the thought of that.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Clinton didn't care. Doesn't care now.

Obama would care less. My guess is it would fortify himself in his mind as a "Righteous Martyr".

That's my opinion.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Sounds to me like you're speculationg about how detached from reality Obama has become. I vote for "very detached"

Which is highly unpredictable.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

[QUOTE=Buckrub;7803 It didn't hurt Slick Willy one bit.[/QUOTE]

Yep, but it's STILL a black mark on his presidency, and in the history books....and, Willy ain't got NEAR the ego that Odingdong has.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by lj3 View Post
    sounds to me like you're speculationg about how detached from reality obama has become. I vote for "very detached"

which is highly unpredictable.
    exactly!!!
    Southern Gentleman

It'd be an interesting note in history if Obama completely snapped and had to be hospitalized for the emotional trauma. Honestly, I'm sort of surprised it hasn't happened in modern times with the pressures of the presidency and the types of people that have held that office. Maybe an egomaniacal state is what handles that best. Squirrel!