Thread: On another note!

On another note!

My daughter just landed a job at Dick's Sporting Goods in Tulsa. 25% employee discount! That'll make my mad money go further!

BKB

Nice!!! They carry ALMOST everything I fish with to date.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Great job.

But I can't afford to shop there.

Plus, they pulled every rifle/gun off their shelves here after Newtown. They didn't stop selling them, just 'hid' them in the back. That turned me way off.

And they don't carry P-Line CX Premium here (I had to order it online from them)........which ticked me off.

Other than that, and if you love North Face stuff, they're great! Course, a job is a job is a job...........
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Mine has all the yuppie stuff up front like the rest of them these days but it has a decent fishing and hunting section. Sometimes I just need to see and touch the stuff.

As long as they carry Falcon rods, Shimano reels, and Rapala, Yamamoto, and Kinami lures, I would care if they never sold a bullet, it wouldn't matter to me.
    BKB

Commie Pinko Liberal Leftist.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Be careful. Sometimes the "employee discounts" are for the employees only. I have a media discount card with BPS and it's quite clear it's for my use only. I guess I could buy "gifts".
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Yeah, its for employees only. But most retail places will let you bring in a family member and buy stuff for them.
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    I have a buddy who's daughter works at BPS, she gets a 10% on general merchandise and 40% off Basspro branded (Redhead, Johny Morris, White River ect) merchandise. I had her buy me a Redhead gun safe and I saved almost $500. Can't beat a deal like that, actually I need another safe. I was thinking about selling mine and going bigger but I think 2 medium safes might be more practical.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

We have a Dick's in our little burg, but I rarely go in there. I think I've been in that store about three times since they opened. We DID get some good news the other day! I saw in the paper that Academy Sports is going to build a store here.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

I like the Academy here better than I like the BPS. Mainly because of the prices. I was hoping we'd get an academy here in Owasso, but rumor has it we're getting a Dicks. (that opens up a whole line of jokes for Trav).

I've never set foot in a Dick's store. I understand they have a fishing section though and that's all I want. Our local Wally World fishing department sucks big green donkey Dick's.

BKB

Why do lebians shop at Academy?................Cause they don't do Dick's.

That, and the prices are better at Academy than anywhere else on Earth.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    I have been in the Dick's @ 71st street Barry and I wasn't over impressed with the fishing department. I would say both of the Academy stores are way better but at this point I would welcome any sporting goods store we can get here in Owasso.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Booger View Post
    Why do lebians shop at Academy?................Cause they don't do Dick's.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Not much to choose from in our little town. Cabelas is 2 hours away in Charleston, WV. Nice new store, just wish I could afford their stuff. Building a BPS and a Cabelas on the VA-TN line. Maybe the competition will keep the prices down a little.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Living where I do, Dick's is pretty much the only game in town. The other option is Sports Authority and they're pathetic. The closest Bass Pro Shops is almost an hour away with no traffic. (Ha!) I get some pretty good discounts on a lot of outdoor gear through work, but the hunting and fishing stuff is pretty limited.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

If you have a tax number, Maurice''s (http://www.maurice.net/) is one of the best places to buy stuff for hunting and fishing that there is. Typically it's about 30% off retail. And they provide good service. One of the guys at work has a business and about four of us place a big order every summer for stuff. You might have a look at their stuff, if you have a tax number. They don't sell to the general public I don't think.
    BKB

So, I have my bidness as a wholly owned subsidiary. Wonder if I can shop there?
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

I imagine you can as long as you have a tax exemption number. My friend has a drilling mud business and he signed up for an account no questions asked.
    BKB